Chapter 17: Wonderer

Amanda wrung her hands together as she stood next to Kili; waiting to walk into the room where her companions waited with no idea of her survival. She could only hope and prey to Mahal that they welcome here back and not shun her. Kili kissed the right side of her head; sensing her distress next to him.

" Do not worry." He whispered into her ear causing a shiver of longlying to run down her back. Amanda smiled gently as Thorin waved his hand fro them to walk in. Kili, placing a hand onto the small of her back; walked her out. All voices discontinued their converstaions and eyes moved from their original positions too look upon Amanda. Some held welling tears, while others confusion and disbelief. Bofur was the first to stand to his feet slowly as his tearful eyes never left Amanda standing next to a happy, smiling Kili.

" Your- your alive." Was all he whispered as Amanda nodded to him.

" But how?" Dori asked as he was amazed by her sudden appearance.

" When I fell I landed in a river. I drifted until i was found by Beorn on the shores. He brought me here a day before you arrived. Grandalf healed me." Amanda explained to them her story in short. Bofur bounced over to her with a teary smile and quickly embraced her in a brotherly embrace.

" What ever happened, I am glad you are well and returned to us." Bofur spoke to her as he pulled away. Everyone began to cheer and cry with joy at the Rangers return to them. Kili and the others told her of their journey from the cliff to Beorn's house until the sun sank behind the horizon once more.

" Everyone get some rest. We are leaving at dawn tomorrow." Thorin instructed everyone as they all found their places on the hay of the barn area.

" Amanda, your bed is there if you still wish it." Beorn called to her as he walked to the door.

" Thank you, but I wish to spend the night with my friends." She smiled kindly to the tall man that nodded and walked out of the house.

" Amanda. may we talk, alone." Thorin said looking from Amanda then to Kili. Amanda smiled softly to the old prince and walked over to him.

" Of course." She told him as she took his outstretch arm; he lead her out the house and into a small secluded part of the garden.

" I wish to talk about our deal." Thorin voicd dipped lowly as he turned to face her. His face serious as ever as he looked down.

" I loved Kili, Thorin. I love him with my whole being. But I am a woman of my word and I will not break our deal." Amanda told him as she turn so her side was facing him.

" Amanda, when we thought you... when you fell. When we thought the worst had happened, Kili was heartbroken. He never talked nor cause his usual mischief. It was then I released just how much he cares for you. It was then I regreted my part of our deal. And I wish to invoke it with the hope you will stay on our quest." Thorin asked her with slight hope echoed in his eyes. Amanda sighed heavily and looked to the ground.

" Thorin, When I strick a deal I keep it no matter the cost. Plus. Either way if I did agree I could not stay in Erebor with you and your kin." Amanda told him with regret in her voice.

" Why?" Thorin asked wanting to know her reasoning as to refuse to live in wealth and comfort for the rest of her days. Never having to fight nor sleep on uneven ground.

" You know I am a ranger. I was raised within the wild travelling; never to settle in one place for too long." Amanda said softly looking anywhere but his eyes.

" But we can give you a home with comfort and a happy family." Thorin pleaded with her for his nephews sake. Amanda smiled sadly and just shook her head.

" I cannot settle." She whispered to him. Thorin opened his mouth to protest but was quickly interrupted by another.

" Uncle? Amanda?" Kili's voice called.

" Tell him now. Or I will." Thorin growled to her as he walked past Kili.

" Are you alright... Uncle?" He trailed off the ending as his uncle stormed past him without even a side glance. Kili turned as saw Amanda standing in the spot where Thorin had just stormed away from.

" Kili." Amanda said with a sad smile to him. Kili rushed over and wrapped her in his arms.

" Kili, you know I love you right." Amanda muttered pulling back her head staying in his arms, just enough so they could look each other in the face.

" I love you too. But I have a feeling this is going somewhere that I may not like." Kili said with a worrying look on his scrunched up face.

" Thorin wants to revoke the deal we made. He wishes me to stay in Erebor with you once this is all over." Amanda told him as Kili smiled and laughed happily.

" That's great!" Kili smiled to her his eyes almost closing from the size of the smile he gave her.

" But, Kili. I am a ranger. A wonderer, I can never settle down in one place for too long." Amanda explained to him stepping away slightly looking down.

" But will you stay... With me?" He choked at the thought of loosing her again.

" I will stay for a while after you reclaim the mountain and Thorin is upon the throne. But you never know when I will take back to the road and wonder again." She whispered to him and pulled him into a tight hug with her arms around his waist. Kili stood frozen, unable to embrace her back.

" I am sorry, my love. But please understand. No matter where I may go, I will only have room for you within my heart." She whispered to him and moved her hands to his cheeks. She pulled his face down to hers and crashed their lips together. It took a moment but Kili could no longer resist her as he reached a hand up behind her head to deep the kiss and another snaked itself around her waist pulling her closer.

" I love you." Amanda breathed into the kiss and their tongues began to engaged in a battle of superiority. Kili took leadership and left no place untouched with his sweet taste; swirling Amanda's mind in a frenzy. Kili pulled back only millimetres away from her lips.

" And I love you." He whispered before claiming her lips as his own. The kiss back more need and full of fire as Kili asserted dominance of her quickly.