Chapter 14: The Talk

Omg guys, I'm sorry it's been so long since I've updated! Here it is! And it's a long one

Luffy's POV:

(Reader)'s head rested in my lap, my hand ran through her damp hair, pulling apart the knots with my fingers. Her eyelids were heavy and her breath was steady and slow. She was out cold. Which was probably for the best, I didn't want her to be part of Law and my conversation. It would be only to her detriment. She didn't need to know that I was the one anchored to her ship with seaweed. I could sense Law was watching her as well, his presence was ruining the moment. As much as I wanted to push him off the boat and into the water, I held back. I had to be grateful for him, after all he saved (readers) life. However, I was not too naive to notice the recognition in Law's eyes when he saw (reader), for what was definitely not the first time.

"Law, how long did you intend to keep your relationship with (reader) a secret?" I asked, breaking the quiet.

He sighed, "I suppose there's no point in hiding it anymore. Either your a lot more perceptive than I give you credit for or my expressions were not concealed well enough, I am more inclined to go with the second reason"

"However, you are right about me having a relationship with (reader). I've been meeting with her regularly, usually in the evening after you left."

I felt my body twitch, 'what? Why would Law have any interest in (reader)?' I thought to myself.

"Why did you hide this from me?" I asked. I know Law is a secretive guy but it felt like betrayal to know that (reader) and him were spending time together, alone. Law fell silent.

"We had an... interesting first encounter, and from there we decided it would be best to keep quiet about our connection."

"What do you mean 'interesting'? Did something happen between you?" I could feel my blood start to boil just thinking of the possibilities.

"Mmm... no, but yes, I attempted to drown her"

"What!?" My whole body tensed.

"I perceived her as a threat and acted accordingly." Law said with a cool, unmoved tone.

"You almost killed (reader)!" I almost pushed (reader) off me in rage.

"I didn't succeed."

"That doesn't matter!" I bawled up my first, shaking in rage.

"Obviously it does matter, because if I had killed her then I wouldn't have been able form a relationship with her and we wouldn't be having this conversation"

I tried to collect myself, he's right. (Reader) is still alive and for that I am grateful. The thought of losing her killed me, I couldn't imagine my world without (reader). Though I could imagine one without Law.

What Law did was unacceptable. I decided from there on, if he ever lays a hand on her again, I tear him apart limb by limb. I do whatever it takes to keep (reader) safe, even if it meant eliminating one of my closest allies.

But now I had to turn to the bigger issue. Law's interactions with (reader). I could skip over the mention of Law making multiple visits to (reader) in the evenings.

"Law, When you say 'relationship', what do you mean? What are your intentions with (reader)?" I asked.

I knew from past experience that Law was Notorious for his cruel and sick behaviour. Knowing him, he was probably planning on using (reader) for some kind of scientific experiment. Either that or he just wanted a new 'toy'. A bizarre smile formed on his face and a light chuckle escaped him.