Chapter 9: A Change in the Weather

(Reader's) POV:

My morning was rough to say the least. After what happened with Law last night, I might have been better off fighting a bear. My body urged me to stay in bed, however I knew I had to clean up the mess outside. If Luffy saw the deck, I'm sure he'd think I was attacked. Which in all fairness I was. 

I slowly sat up, feeling the pain rack everyone of my muscles. Bruises decorated my body like paint splotches, good luck trying to hide them with a tee-shirt. I looked over to my rations, I was running low. My hope was dwindling. In a bizarre siren world where I am the only human to ever exist. Rescue seemed impossible. Regardless of my gloomy-looking fate, I still had the will to live. I pried open the canned food, and dug in. I begrudgingly stopped halfway to preserve what I had. I put the can aside, and threw on a tee shirt. Stepping outside felt like a new world, the sky was clouded over for the first time. The clouds were dark and ready to pour.

"Finally rain!" I said, joyously clapping my hands together. I put out a small tarp, tying the corner upwards, so that water would collect in the center. Slowly but sure, the clouds opened up, releasing the rainfall. As the droplets coated my skin, I could feel the cool relief. It was like I was being washed anew. My hair was quickly drenched, and my shirt clinged to my body. There was a certain peace to lying on my back in the rain. I closed my eyes, and my focus was lost as I went into a meditative state.

'Why haven't I found land yet?' I asked myself.

'It's possible I could have ended up in an ocean current' I theorized.

'But if I was in a current, then wouldn't I be moving away from these shallow, warm waters?' Disproving myself.

'Then again, I don't even know what sea I'm in. My compass doesn't even work, and for all I know I could be in another universe.' My brain was puzzled, how could I begin to solve something I know nothing about.

After a couple hours, I could feel the rain slow, and droplets become less frequent. I cracked my eyes open to see rays of sunlight shine through the sky once again. I steady myself, sitting up into an upright position. I was thrilled to see the tarp pulling downward, filled with rain water. I quickly reached inside the pod, grabbing empty water bottles. I submerge the bottles into the pool, filling the containers as much as possible. When only a small puddle was left, I tilted the edges of the trap. Guiding the water straight into the bottles.

I wiped my brow and smiled. 'Finally something good for a change.' The sky had an orange tint to it, guess I didn't realize how late in the day it was before I got up. The sun was patiently waiting for the moon to take its place. I sat on the edge of the boat, with my legs dangling in the water.

'Hmm... wonder where Luffy is,' not once has he visited me today. But I can't blame him, he has a life of his own apart from me. I reached into the pod, and grabbed the sailor's journal. Snuggling up against the hard exterior of the ship, I began reading.

Luffy's Pov:

Earlier in the day...

Above the water, the weather was taking a turn for the worst. Dark clouds gathered in the sky, I picked up my pace hoping to reach (reader) before the storm. The boat was sitting exactly where I left it, calming my worries of (reader) floating away. I broke the surface,

"(Reader)!" I called, expecting to see her sitting outside waiting for me.

The boat was empty. I tried again, "Hey (Reader)! (Reeaaaddeerrr)!" I swam around knocking the boat, hoping to see (reader) emerge from her hole. Besides the sound of the waves, nothing could be heard. '(reader) should have come out by now' I thought.