Prologue: Dearest Niece

The Noble House of Prince Townhouse

13 West 11th Street

Greenwich Village, Manhattan

New York City, United States of America

19 June 1976

Heiress Diana Hope Prince, Heir of the Noble House of Prince

Dearest Niece,

I look forward to your return to our shores.

As I mentioned in my last letter, you will be continuing your education at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for the upcoming 1976-77 academic year. I have received confirmation of your acceptance from the headmaster, so there will be nothing to trouble you concerning academics when you arrive. From my understanding, Ilvermorny will be transferring your records to Hogwarts before your first day, and you will receive your official acceptance letter to Hogwarts once you arrive at Prince Manor. Again I must reiterate that you are more than welcome to join my family and me at Abbott Castle for the summer; however, I understand your desire to remain in your ancestral home to be close to where your parents are resting. Our home is not far from yours, so we will be over frequently to check on you before your departure for school.

One final matter I must trouble you with within this letter is the Prince Wizengamot seat. Your father, upon his inheritance of the Prince Lordship, declined to sit in the Prince seat himself but did not forfeit the seat, instead choosing to place an appointed regent in the chair to vote on matters on his behalf while he was in the States. Although you will not come into your inheritance until your seventeenth birthday, your father's death and you becoming my ward have led the Wizengamot to direct me to replace his appointed regent in the Prince seat until you decide to take the chair for yourself or declare your regent upon your inheritance. We can discuss this further when we meet upon your arrival on the 21st.  However, I would encourage you to consider accompanying me to the upcoming Wizengamot meeting on the thirtieth so you can officially present yourself as Heiress to the Noble House of Prince and confirm me as your regent.

Regardless of all that stuffy business, your aunt, cousin, and I look forward to having you back in Ireland. Your aunt is already preparing your favorite dishes with the elves you have sent to Prince Manor, and Paul and his betrothed Barbara are prepared to tell you about every nook and cranny of Hogwarts.

We look forward to having you here.

All of our affection and love,

Lord Charles Paul Abbott, Lord of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Abbott

Lady Mary Kerry MacMillan Abbott,  Lady of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Abbott

Lord Heir Paul Charles Abbott, Heir to the Most Ancient and Noble House of Abbott