Amor

21 December 1977

Sometimes Sirius thought the universe liked to tell him things. The first time he felt this, he was six a d his father had just died and left Sirius and Regulus to be raised by Walburga. Sirius had intrinsically known that he had to keep Walburga's attention off of Regulus. So he decided to start acting out so Walburga would attack him and Regulus would be safe. So from the ages of six to eleven, Sirius protected Regulus.

The second time Sirius thought the universe was telling him something was when he popped his head into a train compartment on September 1st, 1971, and made friends with the other kids sitting in the compartment. Those two kids were named James Potter and Remus Lupin. James had sworn he would be a Gryffindor like his parents, and although Remus had said he'd be happy in any house, Sirius knew Remus would be joining James in Gryffindor. Sirius couldn't explain how he knew that, but by that point, he had long since accepted that sometimes he just knew things. Sirius took the universe's hint and walked up to the Sorting Hat, just daring it to put him in any house that didn't include Remus and James.

The third time Sirius thought the universe was telling him something was in his third year when he had first started braiding his hair and putting it in a bun. He would get little tingles on his neck and would turn around and catch Remus watching him. Sirius wasn't sure what the universe was trying to tell him at the time. It wasn't like the universe was trying to tell him he liked boys because Sirius had always known he liked boys just as much as he liked any other gender. He also knew he liked Remus and had suspected Remus also liked boys, so he wasn't sure what the universe was trying to tell him that time. He found out years later when he kissed Remus at James's New Years' party that the universe had been trying to get him to stop being a pussy and be with his soulmate. It only took him a couple of years to catch on. Sometimes Sirius could be a little dense.

The last time Sirius had thought the universe was telling him something was on June 30th, 1976, when he was forced to attend the first Wizengamot session of summer. Sirius was standing with his family sulking and looking around for James. Bellatrix then yelled a slur at someone and started cackling, and something in Sirius told him to look at who Bellatrix was talking to, and when he did, he saw a girl in a leather jacket walking into the Ministry. He had made eye contact with the girl, and she winked at him before turning on her heel and entering the Wizengamot chamber with Lord and Heir Abbott. Sirius wasn't sure why the universe was telling him that this girl would change his life, but when he saw how she behaved in that session, it seemed he and Regulus both knew there was something significant about Diana Prince. He now knew how much of an impact Diana had on his and Regulus's lives, even if she didn't realize it herself.

Sirius was thinking about this as he was sat in a Muggle tattoo parlor with Diana, Regulus, and Remus, getting yet another tattoo. He and Regulus had been informed when they got off the Hogwarts Express for the Christmas holiday that the Wizengamot had declared that Walburga would be receiving the Dementors Kiss on December 24th.

Sirius wasn't sure how to cope with the fact his mother would be getting Kissed in three days, so he did what he usually did when he felt overwhelmed and dragged himself and others to a tattoo parlor. He had already gotten his septum pierced and had convinced Remus to get matching tattoos with him. So now he was sat holding Remus's hand as they both got paw print tattoos on their bodies. Remus had decided to place the tattoo on his ribs above the hip where he had the footprints tattooed last summer. Sirius placed his new tattoo next to his heart underneath the constellation on his right pec.