Introductions and Conversations

7 July 1976

Diana sat at her vanity, anxiously redoing her ponytail and rechecking her outfit. She had about fifteen minutes until Eileen and Severus arrived for tea, and she had no idea what was going to happen. She wanted to reinstate Eileen into the family and then include Severus, but had no idea if they'd agree to that. Diana wasn't sure if she'd want to rejoin a family that kicked her out just for marrying someone. However, all of her other plans for the Prince family and plans for how today would go somewhat rested on them deciding to rejoin the Prince family.

She rechecked her outfit. She didn't want to look like she was trying too hard, but still wanted to show that she accepted Muggles and was professional despite being so young. She had opted to forgo wizarding clothing altogether and wear a pantsuit that she and Barbara had picked up from Muggle London on their shopping trip earlier this week.

She had decided previously that she would be the one to greet Eileen and Severus instead of having one of the elves do it. It just seemed more personal that way.

She walked downstairs to check in with Spiff. When she ran into him on her way down the stairs, he assured her that tea was set up in the garden for the group whenever they were ready.

The first to arrive via Floo was her uncle, who insisted that he be present with her at the meeting since he was her magical guardian and regent of the Prince House.

They chatted for a bit about nothing in particular. it seemed her uncle was trying to get her mind off of what was about to happen.

Eventually, she felt a tug on her magic, which indicated that someone had just appeared at her wards and was approaching the manor house. Soon after, there was a knock at the door, and Diana went over to open it.

The two people on her doorstep seemed surprised to see her answering the door, perhaps due to her age or the knowledge that typically house-elves would answer the door on such occasions, but quickly gathered themselves.

From their appearances, it was evident they were both Princes. Like her father, both the woman and boy she was standing next to had long, inky black hair that framed their faces and matching eyes.

The woman looked frail but carried herself like she was a proper pureblooded woman, which Diana supposed she technically was, being her father's sister. The woman, presumably Eileen, looked at Diana with an interested but sad smile playing on her lips.

The boy, presumably Severus, towered over both Eileen and Diana. He wasn't what one would call good-looking with his hair lank hair, larger than average nose, and crooked yellow teeth, but then again, the Prince men weren't exactly known for their appearances anyway. Severus looked less put together than his mother but certainly didn't share her frail appearance. He looked defensive and closed off but competent.  Diana couldn't blame him for his defensiveness; he was, after all, standing on the doorstep of a massive house with more blood wards on it than most other places, thanks to her grandfather's paranoia. He also had every right to be wary of someone bearing his mother's maiden name, especially after how her family had treated his mother.

Both Eileen and Severus were dressed in Muggle clothing that looked slightly frayed and well worn, and neither of them had any jewelry on.