1977

25 December 1976

Alphard was in his London flat, finishing a nightcap when the tiny elf popped into his living room in front of him. Before he had time to set down his tumbler, the elf began to tell him that his nephews were in the hospital. Happy he hadn't changed out of his clothes for the night, he grabbed the elf's hand. They were then on their way to St. Mungo's Alphard, Alphard cursing his sister, knowing she had something to do with this and hoping he had enough money set aside for the two brothers in case they were banished from the family-like little Andy had been. He had been saving up for Sirius, but he never factored Regulus running away with Sirius into the equation.

The Potter family were all asleep when James was woken up by a pair of elves appearing in his bedroom with a loud pop, speaking frantically about how Sirius and his brother were in the hospital. James ran screaming for his parents, and the Potters apparated to St. Mungo's worrying about their pseudo son and brother, knowing that if it came to it, they had two bedrooms waiting for the boys at Potter Manor.

When Melania shook Arcturus awake, and he saw Regulus's elf in his bedroom in the Black ancestral home in France at a quarter past three in the morning, Arcturus knew something was wrong. He was immediately worried about his grandchildren. Jumping from the bed and pulling on a robe, he demanded answers from the tiny creatures. The unknown elf who was with Regulus's elf quickly explained that her Mistresses' Uncle Charlie sent the elves to get Lord and Lady Black and take them to St. Mungo's to see Misters Regulus and Sirius, who were hurt. Arcturus and Melania didn't even change, just secured their robes over their nightwear and slipping on shoes directing the elves to take them to the hospital now. Arcturus's blood was boiling, his rage rolling off him in waves indicating that he would be killing anyone who had hurt his grandsons. Melania, who was equally as furious, fuming besides Arcturus in her nightdress and nightcap, would help hide the bodies if she didn't get to the person before him.

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

"WHERE ARE MY GRANDSONS." A female voice was heard bellowing through the corridors of St. Mungo's.

Diana looked up from watching a healer check the wrappings on one of Sirius's wrists when she heard the voice.

Diana thought the voice sounded like Lady Black. Good, hopefully, the elves got everyone else.

The door to the room opened, revealing Lord and Lady Black, Alphard Black, and the Potters. The only one dressed not in their nightclothes was Alphard. It looked like James didn't even have shoes on.

Diana left the room to give the family, and the Potters were Sirius's family, time with the two unconscious boys.

Eventually, Alphard, Fleamont, and Lord Black came out all suspiciously glassy-eyed. Diana wouldn't dare to say anything because she knew that the way Sirius looked would bring anyone to tears. She still had tear marks streaked down her cheeks.

"What happened." Lord Black ground out a hard edge to his voice.

Diana let her uncle relay the story Regulus had told them. Once he finished, all three men hearing the story for the first time looked murderous.