1 ~ Best Tea In Town

Scarlett loosened the scarf that was bunched up around her neck as she stepped into the corner shop. She hadn't been to this part of the city before, but saw the café from across the street, and it's 'Best Tea In Town' sign called out to her.

She smiled to the barista as she ordered the best tea, and sat down at a small table in the corner of the shop, next to a window where she could watch the street.

Before she could gather her thoughts, the bell above the door rang, and someone walked in.

Looking up, Scarlett watched the tall, handsome man who entered the shop, ducking slightly to get through the doorway.

He glanced around the café, and his eyes met Scarlett's, before she realised she was staring, and lowered her gaze.

She heard him chuckle before walking over to the counter and ordering the tea - like Scarlett herself had done moments before.

As the barista called her name she snapped out of her daydream and walked up to the counter, trying not to trip as she walked past the handsome stranger. She picked up her drink, and began to walk back to her seat, when the barista called out another name, and the handsome man suddenly stood up - directly infront of her - causing her to practically throw her tea over the table he was sitting at.

"Oh my days I am so sorry," she mumbled, grabbing a dozen serviettes and attempting to mop up the spillage.

"No, I assure you, it was my fault." the man chuckled as he too began to mop up the tea.

"Here, I'll get you a new one," he said, taking the cup from Scarlett's hand and walking up to the counter again.

Scarlett hurried after him.

"No, no, you don't have to do that, really, it's fine." she pleaded, but he ignored her and bought her a tea anyway.

"Here," he said, handing her his tea, "I'll wait for the next one, you have this," he smiled, and Scarlett reluctantly took it and sat back down at her table.

She shifted her hold on the container, until she could see the name written on the side.
Richard.

She was suddenly aware of the man - well, Richard - standing over her. She smiled as he gestured to the seat opposite.

"Is this seat taken?" he asked, and Scarlett shook her head as he sat down.

"I'm really sorry about before," He said, sipping his tea. "I wasn't looking, just stood up like a complete idiot." he laughed, and Scarlett laughed with him.

"You weren't the one who emptied the contents of your drink onto the table!" she exclaimed, making him chuckle a little more.

She looked up and his eyes once again met hers. There was a breif moment of silence, before Scarlett suddenly realised who she was looking at.

"Hello?" he laughed, waving a hand infront of her face.

"Sorry," she muttered, shaking her head. "I just realised who you are." she laughed, and he raised an eyebrow.

"And who might that be?" he questioned

"Only Thorin bloody Oakensheild!" Scarlett laughed, and he laughed back.

"Guilty as charged," he grinned, taking another sip of tea, "Son of Thráin, son of Thrór, etc." he laughed.

"You're much taller than I imagined," she smiled, and he laughed again.

"Yeah, 6'2" isn't quite the height of your average dwarf," he added, and Scarlett giggled.

"I guess not." she nodded, and he smiled.

"So, you seem to know all about me, what about you? What's your name?" he asked, and Scarlett blushed a little.

"Scarlett." She smiled, and then added, "Daughter of Sean, son of Raymond."

Richard laughed.

"A beautiful name indeed." he smirked, and Scarlett blushed a little more.

The moment was broken by a phone ringing.

"Oh shit. Sorry, I've got to get this. I'll see you around?" Richard stood, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

Scarlett nodded, a little disappointed that their meeting had come to an end.

Richard answered the phone and gathered his things. He then raised his hand, as though he had an idea.

He quickly grabbed a serviette and scrawled something onto it, before handing it to Scarlett.

She smiled and waved as he left, and he winked before closing the door and marching off down the street.

Scarlett looked at the serviette he had given her. On it, he had signed:

Richard Armitage
a.k.a. Thorin Oakensheild

She grinned to herself as she stared at the piece of cloth - examining it.

Turning it over, she blushed as she discovered another message.

Beautiful Scarlett, daughter of Sean, son of Raymond,
It was lovely meeting you, and I hope to speak to you again.
- Richard
07714 764405

Scarlett gasped as she re-read the note over and over.

Was she dreaming?

Had Richard Armitage himself really just given her his number?

She stared at the serviette in disbelief, running her fingers over the writing.

No, this was real. She laughed as she clutched the note tightly in her hand.

She finished her tea and almost skipped home, still holding tightly to the serviette in her pocket - as though she were afraid of letting go.