5 ~ Dinner

Walking into the restaurant, Scarlett couldn't believe how beautiful it was. She thanked the Gods that Ava had bought her the dress - because there was no way that anything else she had would've suited this sort of place.

She glanced around the room at the other people that were eating; mostly couples, a few families, but there weren't any children - and everyone was in black-tie attire.

They walked into the main dining-area, and waiter (the sort you would only see in movies, with a cloth slung over his arm) approached them with a smile.

"Good evening Mr Armitage, if you could please follow me to your table." he said, before turning on his heels and walking away.

Richard put his arm around Scarlett's waist and guided her through the room after the waiter.

The waiter stopped at a small, candlelit table, and Richard pulled Scarlett's chair out for her before she sat down.

"Thank you," she muttered, and Richard chuckled before sitting opposite.

The waiter handed them their menus, and gave a ready-made speech about the day's specials, before finishing with;

"Can I get you some wine? Or champagne?"

Richard looked at Scarlett and she nodded in agreement.

"Some champagne would be great, thanks." he said, and the waiter nodded and swiftly exited.

"So," Richard began, as they were browsing the menu. "Tell me about yourself," he smiled, and Scarlett laughed.

"What would you like to know?" she blushed, and Richard paused before answering.

"Well, what do you do?" he asked.

"I'm part of a drama and dance company, and I do some teaching as well - still dance and drama though." she answered, and Richard raised his eyebrows.

"Wow, so you're quite busy then," he laughed, and Scarlett nodded.

The waiter returned with their champagne, and then took their order.

Richard ordered some sort of pasta dish, and Scarlett had a fancily-named salad.

"What are you working on at the moment then," Richard queried, taking a sip of his champagne.

"Well we're doing The Lion King at the moment, but we're starting Memphis in a few weeks," Scarlett said, and the conversation flowed on without pause. Scarlett found that Richard was really easy to talk to, and he was the perfect gentleman as well.

The waiter arrived with their dishes, and they talked a little more as they ate, joking about work and other interests.

As they finished their meals, Scarlett laughed as she saw that Richard had a bit of sauce on his chin.

"What?" he asked, noticing her smile.

"You're covered in sauce," she giggled, and Richard laughed.

"Where?" he questioned, leaning forward.

"On your chin!" Scarlett grinned as he tried to clean it off, completely missing it.

"Have I got it?" he laughed, and Scarlett shook her head.

"No, it's here," she chuckled, reaching over and wiping it off with her napkin. It was like some cheesy scene from a movie.

"Thank you," Richard laughed as Scarlett sat back down, and sipped her champagne.

The waiter returned, and offered them dessert.

Scarlett took some sort of tart with raspberry sauce, and Richard had something with chocolate.

They ate their desserts, and finished their champagne.

The waiter returned with the bill, and Richard payed before Scarlett had the chance to protest.

He laughed as they left the restaurant, and walked out to the car.

"Why is it, that women always protest when the man pays for dinner?"

"Because we don't like to seem dependant on the male species." Scarlett laughed, and Richard turned to her as they reached the car.

"You've got some raspberry sauce on your lip," he grinned, pointing.

"Really? Oh God," Scarlett blushed, and went to wipe it off with her finger. "Has it gone?" she laughed, and Richard shook his head.

"No, it's here," he said, and before Scarlett knew it, his lips were pressed against hers.

She was shocked at first, but then realised what was happening and leaned into him, wrapping her arms around his neck, and curling her fingers into the hair at the bottom of his head. Richard pulled her closer, his arms around her waist, deepening the kiss, before Scarlett pulled away, breathing heavily. Richard smiled.

"I think I got it," he said, and Scarlett felt like she might faint.

"I was wondering, would you like to, you know, come back to my place for - for some coffee, or something? It's like a minute away, so we can walk." he stumbled over his words.

Scarlett giggled, blushing again.

"Coffee sounds good."

"Great," Richard laughed, and offered her his hand. She curled her fingers into his, and she shivered slightly.

"Are you cold?" he asked, but before she could answer he had removed his jacket and put it over her shoulders.

"I'm fine, really," Scarlett laughed as she once again took his hand.

"I insist," he laughed with her and they neared the apartment.

They took the lift up, and Richard walked through the door, followed by Scarlett.

He spun around and watched her as she gently shut the door and turned to face him.

She smiled, then raised an eyebrow.

"What?" she asked, blushing as his eyes examined her. He shook his head and walked into the lounge.

"So you dance?" he asked, putting on some music.

Scarlett grinned as she moved towards him, nodding her head.

He placed his arms around her waist, and she put hers around his neck. They stared into each other's eyes as they spun around the room, and Scarlett felt as though she was dreaming.

They continued to turn and sway as the song came to an end, and they were left standing in the middle of the room.

"So --" Scarlett began, but before she could continue, his lips were once again locked on hers.

He pulled away, breathlessly whispering.

"So --?"

"It doesn't matter," Scarlett laughed, before pulling him into another kiss.

She could feel his lips curl into a smile against hers as she unbuttoned his shirt, and he sent shivers up and down her spine as his hands explored her back.