9. Missing piece

Evie pov:
It's been a while... And I felt terrible. I promised Harry to be back after a few months... But now, I've been gone for three years...
I sighed and Mal looked at me.
"Are you okay...?"
"Yeh... Sure..."
"Are you still thinking about Harry? Goblins Evie. Carlos is head over heels for you. Forget that pirate."
"What? Hell no. I like Harry, hell I love him. Carlos is more like a little brother to me... Besides I've been wanting to go back to Auradon for the past five years."
"Why?"
"I can't tell you."
"Excuse me? We've been bestfriends since forever. We don't keep secrets."
"Then maybe we're not best friends." I said softly and Mal left me alone.
"How long till we meet again, Hook...?" I said and a tear fell down my cheek.

Two years later...

Harry pov:
So another two years have passed. According to the Auradon news, the barrier will come down next week.
"Can we go there then?" Evan asked me when we walked over the isle.
"No, I'm sorry but if your mom is keeping part of her promise. She will come back to you. Not the other way around." I said.
"Okay..."
"Here, let's get you something to eat." I said and I snatched a not that rotten apple from a random market kart.
"There you go." I said and Evan smiled.
"Thanks daddy."
I looked at him and sighed.
"I've told you many times that you shouldn't call me like that."
"But what else should I call you then? I mean you are my dad, right...?"
Okay, to complicated fot now.
"Nevermind. Let's go home, okay?"
"Okay."
"Home with me, indeed." Gastob jr. said as he walked to us.
"Evan, go home. Now." I said but Evan stood frozen.
"Nice try Hook. Gimme the kid."
"Over my dead body."
"That can be arranged."
A few guys grabbed me and another guy grabbed Evan.
"Let go of me!" he yelled.
"Leave Evan alone!" I shouted.
"Bring him to my home." Gaston jr. said.
"No, let go of mee!!" Evan yelled and those guys started kicking and punching me.
"Enough. Let me finish this." Gaston jr. said and he grabbed his dagger.
I looked at him.
"It suprises me that you're not killing me in front of the kid."
"Ha. Have fun in hell." Gaston jr. said and he launched his dagger at me.
I ducked aside and the dagger was still in my chest, but it didn't kill me... yet.
I yelled from the pain and Gaston jr. grinned.
"Fine, then you won't be dead yet. But I wonder how long you remain alive when I take my dagger back... And that it starts bleeding like shit after that."
He pulled it out and that caused even more pain as when he stabbed me.
I fell on the ground and he looked at me.
"And stay down."
I gritted my teeth as I got up in pain.
"I'm not giving up that easily..." I said.
"Last warning Hook." he said.
Gaston jr. kicked me in the face and I passed out.

I slowly woke up and I felt something stinging.
I grunted and looked up.
"Sorry!" Dizzy said and I looked at her.
"Dizzy...?"
"Do you mean as in my name or that you're feeling dizzy?" she asked as she did something with my wound.
"Both...?" I muttered.
"You were luckly that my grandma still had a little bit of wonder waterleft, since she stopped making it. But it wasn't enough to heal your entire wound... This can sting." she said and I gritted my teeth.
"What was that?" I asked while being in pain.
"Evie had been sending supplies ever since she went to Auradon."
"She has been sending supplies to you?"
Then she put something on my wound which stinged even more.
"Arg....!" I muttered.
"Sorry..." Dizzy muttered.
She helped me to sit up and she wrapped some bandage around my chest so it would cover the wound.
"And yes, Evie has been sending me supplies. But this time she had a note for you as well. Although it only said one word..."
She handed me the note.
'Dear Dizzy, please make sure that this get's to Harry...'
I flipped it over.
'Sorry.'
"Really, what does she mean with that?"
Then I got a bright moment.
"Shit... Evan!"
"Woah, easy. Your wound might be half as deep as earlier but you need to take it easy. Evan will be fine for a few days."
"You knew about Evan...?"
"Evie has been my best friend since forever, we don't keep secrets. That's so the reason why I helped you, I know that she's still in love with you. Evertime she sended a letter too."
"Yea right... That's why she stayed away more then five years... I need to get that kid back..."
"Harry I mean it. You need to take it easy. You can stay here. Besides, Gaston jr. thinks you're dead. Let him think that. Then you have the element of suprise once your wound is better."
"I hate it when someone younger then me is right." I muttered and I sat down again.
"I mean, look at that bandage. Your wound is still bleeding like shit..."
"Yea... Gaston jr.'s dagger is pretty sharp..."
Dizzy looked at me.
"You can get Evan back, just because Gaston jr. was able to do this doesn't mean you can win from him anymore."
"This isn't the first time he won from me. And I fled last time..." I said and Dizzy looked at me.
"You fled from him? Really...?"
"Yea... Not proud of it..."
"Yikes..."