chapter 9

Third person pov

A growing white fog had set in over a blanket of freezing snow, curling like a great wave in the swelling wind and through the mist stood a winged figure, bloodied Netherite sword in hand. Light snow started to drifting down from the pearl white clouds from above, snowflakes settling on his green and white bucket hat. Snow crunched under the winged mans heavy footsteps, snow covering his winter boots with fur details and the hem of his forest green trench coat sprayed in half-melted powdered snow. Heavy breaths were washed away from the now howling gale eclipsing from the shadowy forest surrounding the elytrian, frozen breath puffed out of their pale pink, chapped lips. Tall, snow-covered trees towered over the shifting shadows and watching eyes filtered by shimmering snowflakes swirling and dancing with the winds, the leaves and gushing winds creating a beautifully dramatic symphony from the free chaotic elements. The speeding winds made it almost impossible for the man to fly, forcing them walk among creeping mobs.

Philza Minecraft shielded his flushed face with his gloved hand, his ash grey wing feather ruffling together in the draught messing them up completely from when he preened them earlier in the morning. Golden yellow hair whipped around his squinting green eyes and creased forehead. Puffs of smoke where slightly visible from the spruce and stone house just over half a mile ahead of the exhausted man. A small snowy mountain surrounded in the background of the torch filled home warmth emitting, the homely aesthetic bringing comfort to those who lived there and fear to those who knew the residents. Phil gripped his sword and double checked his inventory (his bag), still not safe from the monsters until he reached the tall fences around his home. Zombies groans and rattles of skeleton bones echoed off the spruce trees around the tense elytrian.

Finally he reached the worn spruce door, winds roaring in his ears and snow coming down faster than ever around him swirling in a dangerous dance. His gloved hand reached out to the cold handle and the door slammed open with a bang with the unwanted help from the strong wind, a sudden rush of warmth blowing in his face from the house.

Phil's pov (Back in the forest)

I just checked my inventory and saw I had collected over a stack of steak and pork ready to be cooked in a hot furnace at home with Techno, Ghostbur and Tom- No. Just Techno really; Ghostbur doesn't really come round much and Tommy pretty much hates me after what happened at that place. I don't regret what happened to L'Manburg, that place only caused pain and anguish for my family. But Wil? I don't think I've ever regretted anything more in my life. The pain in Tommy's eyes pierced my already broken heart. I don't remember much of after his death other than endless tears, regret and overwhelming grief and guilt. I didn't move from my bed in days with Techno being the only reason I ate or even nudged me out of bed to shower.

As soon as I found out about Ghostbur my emotions were conflicted to say the least. On one hand he was a part of my son, the happy excited part, all his hopes and dreams in one being. On the other hand it was a constant reminder of what I had done and that the whole and complete Wilbur and his strange hatred of anteaters would never return. Once I met the ghost I saw that there where still parts of the old Wil, my Wil, in there and we started hanging out a lot more, he talked about his blue and his strange hatred for anteaters (just like Wil!) and I talked about some of the adventures I had. Things got a bit awkward when he would remember things or if he brought up Tommy, but other than that we had grown close. With the help of the History Books and others intriguing but tragic tales he pieced together the memories, still forgetting some things though of course.

Techno also got along with Ghostbur and where also quite close, maybe not as much as me. I never saw Tommy's reaction to him since he seemed to be avoiding me. I haven't seen Tommy since Wil's death because I thought it best to give him time to grieve, but when Techno and I found out he had been exiled we were shocked and furious.