one.

"MY LOVE IS SO GOOD, THAT I WOULDN'T BE WITHOUT YA BABE, COULDN'T SEE ME WITHOUT YA BABY!" Ashanti's melodic voice sang through the supersonic radio cassette, echoing around Calvin's One-Stop AutoShop

Kareem's hazel eyes skimmed the black and blue dirt bike he was currently fixing. It must've been 100 degrees in the shop, the heat making him even more tired than he already was. He slowly wiped the sweat off his forehead with his yellow bandana, picking up a piece of the tailpipe to put inside of the motorcycle's muffler.

He bit his bottom lip, eyeballing the matte black tailpipe that was in his hands. His eyebrows knitted together while he began putting the tailpipe inside of the muffler, hoping that this was the last thing he needed to do for the day.

He was drained.

Emotionally and physically.

He couldn't pinpoint the last time he had a full nights sleep. He found himself having the same reoccurring dream, frightening him out of his slumber. It started off with him in a dark forest, walking alone on a path that felt never ending. The more he walked, the longer the road got. It frustrated him. No matter how many times he would try to trick his mind into making the journey shorter, it wouldn't let him.

In the end of the dream, he could feel his heart give up on him. He must've been walking for days at this point, his saliva being the only source of liquid he had. His hand gripped his shirt while he fell down, the moonlight being the last thing he saw before he met his unfortunate fate.

Kareem knew this dream had a deeper meaning. He always felt that his life was just a long road going absolutely no where. He felt guilty at times for feeling this way though. Considering the fact that he was only 22 and didn't need to have all the answers.

But he couldn't help but wonder why he didn't have all the answers? It felt like everyone else around him did, why was he robbed of the chance?

It felt like the shortest end of the stick he always received was stabbing him multiple times. The funniest thing was that he couldn't feel the pain the stick was inflicting upon him, he just saw the blood.

"Reem!" A woman's voice yelled into the garage suddenly breaking Kareem's thought process. His eyes quickly glanced over to the entrance of the garage. His eyes lit up, immediately noticing who it was. A wide smile formed on his face, looking at the woman.

Her hair was out in a curly afro dyed blue and green. She had on a black crop top that had the words 'I only date crack whores' inscribed in bedazzled diamonds. Her eyes were covered by blue knockoff Chanel sunglasses; the one Aaliyah wore in the We Need A Resolution music video. Kareem knew it was fake because the Chanel logo was no where to be found. She also had on light blue washed jeans and brown sandals which finished the outfit.