four.

"HAVE YOU EVER LOVED SOMEBODY SO MUCH IT MAKES YOU CRY?" Brandy's voice loudly sang around Kori's apartment

"HAVE YOU EVER LOVED SOMEBODY SO MUCH IT MAKES YOU CRY?" Brandy's voice loudly sang around Kori's apartment. She was currently laying down on her couch, staring at the ceiling. This was probably her fourth time playing this specific song as the situation with Jerome couldn't leave her mind. She was on a trip through memory lane, thinking about the first time they met and how intimidating he looked standing on the corner with his friends. If only she knew his mean mug was all a front and there was no need for her to be so difficult with him.

She couldn't help but wonder what the outcome would've been if she had told Jerome that she did still love him. What if she had lied last night to protect his emotions?

Kori sighed as she began hearing her phone ring. She reached for her cellphone that was on the coffee table and looked at the caller ID. "Hello?" She answered while sitting up a bit.

"Buzz me in, I'm downstairs." Jamaal quickly responded.

Kori furrowed her eyebrows. "Where are your keys Jamaal? I hope you ain't lose them again, I'm not cutting you another set." She warned while sitting up in her seat.

"Psh, they ain't lost. I just left it at Milan's crib yesterday." Jamaal replied with a sly chuckle.

Kori rolled her eyes. "Whatever.." She responded, getting up from her seat and walking towards her door. "Hurry up and buzz me in though, it's this one nigga staring at me and I'm getting irritated." Jamaal remarked.

Kori chuckled before she pressed one of the two buttons on the side of her door. "Are you in?" She asked while still pressing the button.

"Yeah, good looking out." Jamaal replied as footsteps could be heard on his end.

"Uhuh." Kori responded before hanging up the phone.

She made her way back to the couch and laid back down, looking at the ceiling. Kori really wasn't in the mood to have her annoying older brother up in her face today.

"Uh..." Jamaal awkwardly trailed off as he entered inside his little sister's apartment, seeing her laid out on the couch listening to brandy's 'have you ever'. He scrunched up his face as he closed the door behind him. "Why are you laying on the couch like that?" He questioned.

"I'm relaxing." Kori mumbled while closing her eyes. Her favorite part of the song was about to come on and she was mentally preparing herself for it.

Jamaal cleared his throat before heading over to the radio and turning off the music. "Something ain't right with you, I could feel it." He said, walking over to the couch.

Kori loudly sighed. She knew he wasn't that bold enough to turn off her music like that. "Jamaal, I'm gonna ask you this nicely... can you please turn back on my music.." Kori calmly said with her eyes still closed. If he didn't turn back on her music immediately, she was going to slap him.