[Patch 1.2]

Soooo long story short. I was living with Imane now. She didn't even seem as much against the idea as I thought she would be. She actually was quite happy about this turn of events. Why? I didn't have a single clue. BUT the good thing was, she lived inside the Uchiha district. Which ultimately meant that my chances of meeting Itachi were undeniably higher! Even Obito would be in my reach if I was born into his generation.

Apropos, I still didn't know what to do with him. Did I kill him on purpose so he wouldn't be able to get into Madara's grasp? Or did I save him? Did I let him work the story out as it did in the original series so the characters would develop the same way, and kill him before the war begins? And then kill the Akatsuki/save the Akatsuki so they wouldn't do the shit they'd done and maybe would be able to live in peace again? I just...didn't know.

It had always been obvious to me that I wasn't a person to be born into something like this, to be honest. My decision making was shit and I just felt like making a whole different story out of already set plots, even though that was the idea of creating an own story, didn't feel right. I had noticed first when I had written my own stories back in the days. There weren't many, and out of the few I had put my effort in, none had been uploaded, just because I didn't feel right in taking over the whole story.

But now, I was in no position to choose anymore. My goal was to save all the people that died an innocent and avoidable death. Just...how? Somehow, I got the feeling that whatever I did, Obito played the part that was the most important. In the end, his life or death would turn the whole plot and development of hundreds of characters around. Fucking hell.

I sighed in a desperate manner and looked down at my book again.

'The History of Konoha'

I had been living with Imane for a few months now and I quickly realized that the Third Great Shinobi War had not taken place yet. But it did seem as if it would be starting soon. From what I could gather when she talked to others, the tension between the countries began to rise. And knowing this, I also found out that I must've been reborn into the middle of Kakashi's and Itachi's generation. Itachi didn't even seem to be born yet, but Imane did talk about a prodigy much like myself that became genin with just 5 years of age. Sounds familiar? Yeah, same.

So with knowing this I was first of all more than relieved to not being placed into the sannin generation and second of all, even more relieved that I was in the perfect spot to not just influence Kakashi but also Itachi. My two main goals while the world wasn't at war yet.

Well, my first priority was to get stronger as soon as possible, but that was more of a personal thing, not a...you know, public thing.

I also obviously accomplished the quest that was given to me at the Hokage tower. The special reward was living with Imane. And considering the words of what would happen if I failed, I assumed that it would help me greatly in improving and developing faster than at the orphanage. Well, I especially didn't have to hold back that much.

The other special reward was a thing called 'Possible Extra Perk [Progress 1/5]'. It didn't state what exactly had to happen in order to achieve named progress, but I guessed it had something to do with Imane. Maybe a certain bond I had unlocked and had to increase to get additional points. For the moment though, I couldn't really do much about it as I knew no specifics.

Just a few weeks after I 'moved in' I finally began to get my legs used to walking. As I already said, through the chakra coil opening thing I already developed a few muscles so it wasn't as hard as it probably should have been. But once I was done I never went back to crawling. Fuck that, really. I can still see the sweatdrop Imane got when she saw me running through the flat with an expression of absolute delight plastered onto me.