[Patch 1.0]

So, where to begin? Apparently, when Rufus was talking about that 'Game', AFTERLIFE, he meant it quite literally.

Again.

My life was now literally a game. I first noticed while I was laying in the arms of my new 'mom', when suddenly a window popped up outta nowhere and informed me about a quest. I had thought all that was to this game was me creating a character, that's it. Afterwards I would just live a normal life and maybe on the way while I was getting stronger, I would randomly unlock things, but not in the way that was happening right now.

Not that I had anything against it. This meant that I was actually able to deter where to put my focus on myself and create a game experience individually adapted to me. But I got to say, it not only scared the crap out of me when that window popped up, the quest was also quite...special.

Pling!

Quest alert!

Good Memories

Your mother is dying due to the stress of childbirth and character development!

Give her a good memory before she dies!

Rewards:

+ 10 EXP

+ Character Status: Orphan

?

Failure:

Your mother will die a horrible death which will result in you living in regret for the rest of your life.

No access to special reward.

Do you accept?

Y/N?

Of course, I said yes but I was rather...well...speechless? Aside the fact that I couldn't speak anyways because I was a fucking INFANT who apparently just killed their MOTHER, I felt rather confused. I mean, not that I didn't already realize she was going to die.

The doctors that ran around hectically and tried to stabilize her, paired with the constant irregular beeping of the medical monitors next to us was proof enough. But still, I didn't think the game would be cruel enough to actually make a quest out of this. Or was it just for tutorial reasons? In the end, it DID mention something about 'Character Development'. Kinda cruel if you ask me but who am I to complain about some extra EXP.

Anyways, I slowly opened my eyes and tried to focus them on the woman who was apparently my mother. She had beautiful white hair, quite similar to mine, and stunning eyes of a dark amber. At least I thought she had, according to the blobs of colour I was able to determine. I could feel her heartbeat slowing down, because of how strong she clung onto me. As if I was her last anchor to stay in this world.

I looked up at her with as big eyes as I could possibly manage, a bright smile stretching my lips. To make it even more convincing I giggled a little, trying to get my voice to work. After a few tries I finally managed and blinked up at her for a few seconds before cuddling myself deeper into her chest. I could only imagine how incredibly adorable I must've looked. Probably the cutest I ever had in my entire life...oof.

After she looked at me for a few minutes she started to talk. I couldn't quite understand her yet due to me being wrapped up into thousands of blankets, even the language itself sounded foreign. I would say Japanese, but even though I was a native English speaker, I could somehow still understand the few words I was able to grasp.

„Baby...beautiful...protect...always...love...you"

Somehow these few words pierced my heart deeply. Even though I barely understood a word I could feel every single drop of emotion that was dripping off her lips. She loved me, dearly. I was her child, her precious. And I was doing all of that only to fulfil a quest. Regret started to bubble up my stomach as I gently pressed my head against her heart, closing my eyes in sincerity.