1. Babysitting once more

After high school, I never imagined that I had to get back to my old hometown. This stupid, boring, lame place that I begged to get out off, became once more, my home. And why? Because of my ridiculous promise I made to professor Membrane.

In the past, I managed to scrap money together by babysitting his children after school. They were both quite easily to handle unless Dib had his five minutes of constant rambling about the supernatural. For Gaz, we mainly played video games or pulled pranks on his brother. But what Dib loved the most, was when it was time for bed. Thankfully to my wild imagination, I made all sorts of stories in my head to give his one a rest. Of course, they had to be about aliens and invasions, there was no way around this. For his sister, I combine it with action scenes that she demonstrated on her toys. Whatever holiday or weekend, I was always there for them. All in all, they were good kids and basically the only thing that was good in this hideous city.

Now I had to go back to be their babysitter once more. Just because I promised that when I don't find a job after high school, he will give me one for one year. The catch? He will get me any job I want when I fulfil his demand. With so much power like he has, should it be easy right?

Of course, I took it.

Since I don't live there anymore, I can stay in a guest room at his place. He didn't tell his kids about me, instead, I shall pick them up from school that day. And from what I could see, nothing had changed since I left this dump. Not even the teachers, especially Ms. Bitters. I shuddered, remembering how she used to be my teacher. So, you can imagine how difficult it was to knock on that one door, when you can hear her constantly saying doom like an echo. Taking one long breath, my hand touched the door.

KNOCK KNOCK!

Wow, even the inside hasn't changed, well, except the children. They get weirder by the day, even ones with green skin and no ears.

"Hello Ms. Bitters, I came to pick up Dib and Gaz"

The girl opened only one eyes for a second, before getting up and towards me. Dib only had his mouth wide open, pointing his finger in my direction. A little confused, I looked at me. I don't know what he finds so weird.

"What are you doing here?!"

I sighted, false alarm, "Ask your father, just let us go now"

"But I thought you moved away!"

"Surprise, I am back Dib" I said rather sarcastic, looking away. Gaz kicked her brother to make him move. Meanwhile, the children looked at us in silence. Ms. Bitters however, seem to be losing her patience, "How long will this take? I got a class to teach!" I didn't blame her, as I was no good student you like to remember. Causing mischief was my favourite subject in school since there isn't much to learn anyway. The teacher rose from her seat, and appeared behind me, "I thought you already died by now"

"No such luck"

"Why are you back?"

I winked at her, "...I missed you..."

"GET OUT...ALL OF YOU!"

Without another word, I pulled the two children out the door. The rest of the class followed soon after. My Bitters was still growling at the black board, "That evil scum of a girl..."

One seems to be interested by her remark, "Sorry Ms. Bitters?"

"What do you want Zim?"

"Who was this tall human thingy?"

The teacher showed him a video of my time in school. I swear it was an accident, I only wanted to light a candle for my science project. I waited for the water to get warmer for the experiment, meanwhile I ate my sandwich. End of story, the class was on fire and I choked on my food. But from the video without audio, I looked like a maniac laughing while the room was in flames. The boy Zim was fascinated.

Ms. Bitters nodded, "A devious thing, disguised as an innocent girl. These children are doomed...doomed...doomed..."

The green boy looks to thinks hard, while walking home. He wanted to find out more about my evil plans. He was sure, that I was up to something. His robot minion noticed his masters evil grin, welcoming home, "You're smiling.... yeeehhhaaaaa!"

"Gir, listen up! We got a new enemy on this planet."

Slowly, he walked towards the toilet, his robot following him, "I am sure she has plans for this filthy place and I am going to find out what it is!"

"Yay, enemy!"

"No Gir, not good. Watch out human thingy...ME ZIM, WILL DETROY YOUR EVIL PLANS!!!!!!!!"

Yeah, I had a plan aright.

"You will not believe what we have in class Y/N, an alien...A REAL ALIEN! He will destroy earth and us humans, but I won't let him, not while I am still breathing!!!!!!!!!"

"I can change that" I sighted, hoping my plan works to survive his chatter. It seems it got worse while I left. Now he actually believes to see an alien in school.

Dib sketched a drawing of this alien with his name on it, "This is Zim. He is the green skinned creature. I mean, helllloooo green skin! And no ears! This is not normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Neither are you"

I kept on moaning as he showed me his gadgets, photographs, sketches and files. Hard to believe that he was so easily to handle as a little baby. Changing his diapers was bearable unlike seeing his mouth talk rubbish. At least Gaz was still the same baby girl I know, loving video games as usual.

"I am telling you Y/N, keep away from this alien! I will protect you no matter what!!!!"

"Oh, my hero...." I laughed, hearing the doorbell, "...I'll get it."

Dib didn't seem to realize of me leaving him, "Zim is up to something.... I can feel it... Y/N?"

"Hey Dibby, your alien friend is here!"

I never seen him this fast at my side, "NO, DON'T LET HIM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"