Felix Felicis

Rosabella's Point of View:
Katie was removed to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries the following day, by which time the news that she had been cursed had spread all over the school, though the details were confused and nobody other than Harry, Ron, Hermione, Leanne and I seemed to know that Katie herself had not been the intended target.
    "Oh, and Malfoy knows, of course." Harry said to Ron and Hermione, who continued their new policy of feigning deafness whenever Harry mentioned his Malfoy - Is - a - Death - Eater theory.
That day I pranked Snape in order to get a detention so I could miss Slughorn's party or what ever it is. I used the Confringo charm to blow up Snapes desk and I stuck a bunch of posters of shampoo on the walls with the permanent sticking charm. Snape eventually entered looking beyond furious.
    "FIFTY POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR! DETENTION FOR A WEEK, BLACK!" Snape yelled, venomously.
   "Thank you!" I said cheerfully and left the classroom quickly before Snape could kill me.

I didn't miss the confused and suspicious look he gave me as I left. Harry had his next lesson with Dumbledore that night. He couldn't fill us in during breakfast but he filled us in as we walked across the vegetables patch towards the greenhouses for Herbology.
Harry held my hand as Winter walked next to me. Harry told us all about Voldemort growing up in an Orphanage and how cruel he was to those around him snd how easily he accepted that he was a wizards. As well as how he craved uniqueness and to seperate himself from others and to operate alone.
The weekend's brutal wind had died out at last; the weird mist had returned and it took them a little longer than usual to find the correct greenhouse.
    "Wow, scary thought, the boy You - Know - Who." Ron said quietly, as we took our places around one of the gnarled Snargaluff stumps that formed this term's project, and began pulling on their protective gloves.
    "The name Voldemort doesn't make you drop dead, you know." I said to Ron, it's about time he starts saying the name.

Ron flinched and continued what he was saying.
   "But I still don't get why Dumbledore's showing you all this. I mean, it's really interesting and everything, but what's the point?" Ron said.
    "Dunno. But he says its all important and it'll help me survive." Harry said, inserting a gum shield.
    "I think it's fascinating. It makes absolute sense to know as much about Voldemort as possible. How else will you find out his weaknesses?" Hermione said earnestly.
   "A bit like how Voldemort knew how to get to you last year. Using someone you were close to, to lure you to the Ministry. Its best to know as much as you can about your enemies in order to know the best way to defeat them." I said.
     "So how was Slughorn's latest party?" Harry asked Hermione thickly through the gum shield.
   "Oh, it was quite fun, really. I mean, he drones on about famous exploits a bit, and he absolutely fawns on McLaggen because he's so well connected, but he gave us some really nice food and he introduced us to Gwenog Jones." Hermione said, now putting on protective goggles.
    "Gwenog Jones? The Gwenog Jones? Captain of the Holyhead Harpies?" Ron said, his eyes widening under his own goggles.
    "That's right. Personally, I thought she was a bit full of herself, but -" Hermione said.
   "Quite enough chat over here! You're lagging behind, everybody else has started, and Neville's already got his first pod!" Professor Sprout said briskly, bustling over and looking stern.

We looked around. Sure enough, there sat Neville with a bloody lip and several nasty scratches along the side of his face, but clutching an unpleasantly pulsating green object about the size of a grapefruit.
   "Okay, Professor, we're starting now!" I said with a charming smile.
The stern look of Professor Sprout faded, she nodded and walked away.
   "Should've used Muffliato, Harry." Ron added quietly, when Professor Sprout had turned away again.
   "No, we shouldn't!" Hermione said at once, looking, as she always did, intensely cross at the thought of the Half-Blood Prince and his spells.
    "Well, come on . . . we'd better get going. . ." I said, preventing an inevitable argument that I feared was coming.