Ginny and Georgia: The Younger Shadow

Chapter 10- Bad Boy
"Charlie Miller, what the fuck are you doing?" Aria dragged me into the bathroom, where Kara and Madi stood waiting, while preening themselves and applying makeup while looking at the mirrors.
"What is this? An ambush?" I laughed and shrugged off Aria's firm grip.
"Charlie, don't go with Leon. Didnt you know he's a crack dealer?" Kara said, her eyes blazing with worry. He was a crack dealer?
"Oh, well... no other boy has ever taken an interest in me. Why can't you guys just be happy for me?" I yelled, and Aria flinched visibly.
"Oh my god, I'm sorry. Im sorry." What was with Aria lately? And Abby. The two sisters looked like they'd just fought in a war, and when I took a closer look at her, I could see the purple eyebags under Aria's eyes, her badly bitten nails and she looked faint and delicate, like a porcelain doll.
"Oh my God, what's up, Aria?" I rushed over and flung my arms over her. She didn't protest, but softened still as Kara and Madi leaned In too.
"My parents are always arguing. They're too busy to look after us. Abby and I have to wash, feed and play with our brother Amos. He's only six, and he started calling Abby 'mom'" she cried, and buried her face in Kara's arms. And we comforted her, with both words and saying nothing. My heart tore for my new friend, and all the weight she had to carry. My mom and Zion broke up when Ginny was one, and before my mom got pregnant with me, so we never had to deal with anything like that. The sadness drained through me as I watched Aria cry.I filtered it yet strangely enough, what was left became more pure.
"Aria, I was talking about Abby and Max being together, and Abby heard me. She sounded really upset. I mean, she threatened to strangle Madi. I hope everything goes ok for you. Just tell us if anything gets bad. We care about you, Aria." And there were more laughs, yet more cries. I think that when you let the sadness out, it's like a bullet. It's hurts like hell because it is. I left the bathroom and told the girls I'd call them later to talk. I had told Leon to meet to me at my locker, and he should be coming in 2 minutes. I opened my locker to get my books out, and nearly thought my soul
left my body when a peaceful looking face stared into me. He must've finished his detention.
"So, New Girl. You wanted to meet me." It sounded like he was speaking more to himself then, but I replied with, "yes. Leon. I like you. There's no denying it. You look fine. And if you're a crack dealer, ok. Robyn in my class
told me you do it for your grandma. But stop acting like a douche in class. You need to listen, you idiot." Wow. Since when was I so outgoing? Old Charlie never would've done what I'd did in Wellsbury these past few days.
"That's ok. I can do that for you, Charlie." Maybe time stopped when his soft lips met mine, but the flutter only intensified. My heart pounded In my chest as my legs got weaker. I could only focus on how soft he felt against my mouth, how all other sense seemed to leave my body. "Hey, hey. Go easy on me, new girl. We have time, but not here." Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fucking fuck. Everyone was staring at us. I didn't think there was a single movement. And there was Ginny. Anger was one word you could describe it. She looked sullen, uptight, horrified. "What are you looking at?" Leon yelled, and at his words they started shuffling away. I didn't say a word, just walked with my head down. I felt as though everyone could still see right through me. Since when did I let myself get so vulnerable? I had loved every moment of that previous kiss, but I had lost control and forgotten I was in a public place. God, I'd put my hands on him. "Car. Now" Ginny ordered, and I was shoved into the front seat.
"Had a nice time with that tongue sandwich, did we? I see you like to make quite a display of yourself, Charlotte" she added mockingly, and I swallowed and said,
" We're practically the same age. I can do what I want. You're just upset because you can't bag a fit boy. I like Leon. And there's nothing you can do about it" I sniffed
"One, you're 14, not even 15 yet, and I'm actually 16 in a few weeks, so there is a difference, Charlotte. And let's see what mom says about this, shall we? God, all my friends were watching you. Someone was freaking videoing it. Check online. Charlotte" her voice was raised half a pitch, and I felt nauseated. I checked my phone, which was now flooded with notifications. A boy called Matthew Preston had posted the video online, to which now hundreds of people were saying i was a 'whore' and a 'slut', and commenting disgusting things about my body.
"Gin. Oh my God. Someone posted it." Tears blurred my vision as I continued, "Aria, Kara and Madi saw it. And I was just comforting Aria because her parents are always arguing!"
"Who posted it?" She asked.
"Someone called Matthew Preston. I don't know who that is."
"Press? He's Abby, Norah and Max's friend. That asshole. I'll message Max and get her to tell him to delete it and take it down" I nodded as we pulled into the driveway. Mom was sat on the porch with another woman. She seemed quite elegant and posh, like she's just stepped out of some fictional kingdom, and we were the odd ones. She had a heart snapped face, rosy skin and ivory black hair. "Ellen Baker. Your mom had told me a lot about you girls. Ginny, you've made friends with Max, I see. Warning: she is an  absolute mental case of a daughter!" She chuckled and turned to face me. "Charlie Miller, you're friends with Madi and her group. Great to see you've settled in so well. You both seem lovely. It's a pleasure to meet you, but I must be on my way. Got to check my children aren't doing anything too dangerous, because as you know by now, they cannot be trusted!" Her smile seemed genuine, and I decided Ellen Baker was nice. Most of the other moms from old school drop offs would give my mom filthy looks because she was so young. I remember them asking my mom "you have three? They're not yours, surely?" They always assumed she was a nanny. Because she has to fit into society's high standards, doesn't she? Well, who decided them in the first place? Fuck them. Living in Wellsbury had taught me to take the risks, do what you would only dream about in another lifetime.
"Hey, mom!" I called out.