Ginny and Georgia: The Younger Shadow

Chapter 45- Something gone Wrong
"Alright, you little shits, which of you thought it would be funny to move my box full of important documents? I can't find it anywhere on this god forsaken earth!" Mom was mad mad. Her usual silky honey hair, which mirrored mine, was now loose and scraggly, as matted as a birds nest. A glass of rose red wine was perched in her hand, sloshing lazily on the floor. Her eyes had panda black eyebags, and there was an almost haunted and demonic look her in eyes. Austin was watching tv with me, but I abruptly shut it off at her crabby, vexed tone.
"Maybe check where you last put it?" Austin cheekily asked, but his laughter died away at mom's grave expression. Her hands were shaking and I wondered why it meant such a big deal to her.
"Mom, don't worry, ok? Maybe you just left it somewhere in your room."
"Are you sure you didn't take it, Charlotte? I haven't forgotten when you and your sister so smartly decided to raid my wardrobe, convinced I had a whole bucketload of secrets." My cheeks blushed a scarlet red and Austin gaped his mouth, his eyes growing with disbelief. He thought I was so special and amazing. But if he knew half the the truth. I squirmed uncomfortably as mom sighed deeply and sat on the sofa. Everyone was just so tired lately. Exhausted. The great cloud of depression was hung over us now, and mom replied,
"I'm sorry. Ok? I'll have another look but everything has been so testing for me and Paul. We're both working our asses off by the office. I'll ask Ginny when she gets back from Hunter's. I'm sorry, Peach. I didn't mean to yell and frighten you half to death."
"It's ok, mom. I'll help you look for it later." Once Georgia left the room and her wine mess was cleared up, Austin seemed bursting to ask me something. Quite literally. His face had contorted into an almost comical form, and he had a pleading look in his eyes.
"Yes, Austin?"
"Mom said you and Ginny went through her wardrobe! Why did you do that? When did you do that?" He was jumping up and down, working himself up.
"Calm down, Little Man. Ginny and I were just looking for something lost, ok? Don't worry, you didn't miss out on anything." I tried to brush it off but on the inside my heart was pounding, and the lies spinning out of me just added to my guilt.
"Next time, ask me to come with you! I've been so bored lately, Charlie. Whenever I wanna hang out with you, you're always with your friends or boyfriends, and so is Ginny. And Celeste Atley said she can't be my friend anymore, that her dad told her it was 'best not to talk to that boy and his family'. Is it just because I stabbed Zach with a pencil? I don't get it." Shit. Atley?
"Wait, Celeste Atley? Is her dad Jon Atley?"
"Yeah. What about it?" Austin asked, propping his glasses on his nose and sniffing. Pangs of guilt shot through me when I saw the hurt look on his face. He thought I lost his only friend because of him. But Jonathan had no right to do that.
"Oh, Austin. Come here, Little Man." I enveloped him in a huge hug, till he was practically gasping for breath.
"Geroff me, Charlie!" Austin's muffled voice yelled. But my happiness in those short moments with my brother flushed down the drain the moment my mom hurried back into the room again, her facial expression a mixture of pure, raging anger and bewilderment.
"Charlie. Come here. Now."