Life Coach/Tutor/Therapist III

Once she reached home, she unlocked the door and barged into her house, knowing Felicity would be at the table slurping up a bowl of ramen before her next shift at work, and started to yell, "You told my dad about Barry?"

Felicity looked up from her bowl of ramen to see Caitlin in a rage, which was completely unlike her.

"Huh?" Felicity asked.

"My dad, Felicity. My dad knows about me and Barry because you told him we were dating. Why would you tell him?"

"Because it didn't seem like you were going to tell him and don't you think he should have known?"

"Why were you talking to my dad anyway?"

"He calls me sometimes to check up on you. You have a habit of taking care of everyone else but yourself, you know that? For example, when was the last time you got a good night's sleep? And ate food that wasn't just a random snack you grabbed on your way to the library? He wants to make sure you're okay, Caitlin."

"He shouldn't be worrying about me," Caitlin muttered, "I should be worrying about him. Did he tell you about his health? Because he won't tell me anything. I could help him if he let me!"

"First of all," Felicity said forcefully, "He doesn't want to worry you. You have to worry about yourself—"

"Worry about myself?"

"Let me finish." Felicity held up her hand and continued, "Even if you wanted to help him right now, you can't. He's miles away and it's not like you have the cure for ALS in your back pocket that you can just bring him."

Caitlin flinched slightly at her sharp words and sat at the table across from Felicity, but thought about what she said.

"I'm sorry, Caitlin," Felicity said softly, "I know it's hard for you to just watch your dad in his state, but get through college, become a doctor, find the cure for ALS, and save your dad."

Caitlin smiled sadly, "You make it sound so easy."

Grabbing both her hands, Felicity looked Caitlin straight in the eye, "You are Caitlin Snow; it is easy for you."

"You know I got diagnosed with test anxiety today," Caitlin joked, changing the subject, "It's a real thing."

Felicity let go of Caitlin's hands and went back to her bowl of ramen, "Huh. That actually explains a lot."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You spend more time studying than sleeping, it's just weird how your grades in biotech don't reflect that. I mean, your grades in all your other sciences are stellar, but—"

"Yeah, I know," Caitlin fidgeted with her hands and paused for a second, "I'm sorry I just barged in and yelled at you."

"I know, it was so rude," Felicity teased, "It should have been common courtesy to at least have let me finish my bowl of instant noodles before unleashing hell's fury upon me."

"Speaking of your ramen addiction, your mom says to cut down on your sodium and start eating more fruits and veggies."

Felicity pursed her lips and squinted at Caitlin, "You talked to my mom? Hypocrite."

"Your mom is cool! And she isn't wrong, have you seen how much salt is in those flavor packets?"

"Your dad is cooler! And I'm here for a good time, not a long time, Ms. I Eat One Granola Bar a Day and Call It Lunch."

"So where does my first name end and last name begin?"

"Why were you so against me telling your dad about your new boyfriend anyway?" Felicity asked as she stood and rinsed her bowl, preparing to leave for work, "Barry's a great guy. I mean, I've never met him, but I've heard good things."