Chapter 230

"YOUR ROYAL Highness, I'm here to escort you back to the Royal Capital."

    Nia was amused when she saw Captain Dustin Ainsworth outside her room.

    She didn't expect that Aku would let House Ainsworth live after the Golden Tiger betrayed him for the Supreme.

    Maybe Aku thought he couldn't lose any more people after he already lost Duke Nystrom.

    "I'm no longer a princess, Captain Ainsworth," Nia reminded the captain. "You can just call me 'Lady Moonchester.'"

    "I apologize but I can't do that, Your Royal Highness," Captain Ainsworth said, then he bowed to her. "His Majesty still considers you as his consort."

    "That's a pity," she said, then changed the topic. "Captain, do you mind waiting for a little bit? I need to prepare before we leave the temple."

    "Of course, Your Royal Highness," the captain said. "I will wait for you at the entrance of the temple."

    "Thank you, Captain."

    Captain Ainsworth just bowed and waited for her to return to her room before he left.

    "Lucina, how long are you going to lay down there?" Nia asked the woman who was still lying on the bed. "We need to go back to the Royal Capital. I can't leave until you return inside my heart."

    She met Lucina when she was in a pathetic state after the Supreme cut her off in her life. Since Lucina was a good "shield" because of her flame, she agreed to be her new host.

    To be honest, she didn't remember much from her previous lives, except the one that she had in a modern world. But unlike Lady Nystrom and the others, it was her choice to forget the awful memories that she didn't want to remember.

    Anyway...

    She treated Lucina as a secret weapon that she would only summon if needed. Most of the time, the abandoned spirit guardian only stayed inside her heart. She didn't mind because that made it easy for her to control her.

    It also helped that when she was reborn as Nia Moonchester, Lucina had lost her memories as a spirit guardian of the Supreme. Lucina thought that she was just a mere Fire Mage who betrayed the Red Phoenix by serving a Moonchester.

    "Nia, my memories have returned."

    Ah, what a shame. The thought of Lucina losing her past memories just crossed her mind. And now, the spirit guardian was saying that she had retrieved her memories.

    "I'm actually the spirit guardian of the Supreme," Lucina said, then she got up and faced her when she sat on the edge of the bed. "She abandoned me after I chased what I couldn't have."

    "I don't want to hear your story," she said bluntly. "I purposely erased the memories of my earlier life to preserve the memories of my life in the modern world. I only kept what I think is important for me to survive in this world."

    She wasn't born a powerful god like the Supreme or the Black Serpent.

    Unlike them who could keep the memories of all their previous lives, she had to choose what memories she could store. After all, as a previous Guardian of the "tree of truth," there were some ancient secrets buried in her that occupied a huge portion of her mind.

    "So even if you ask me about your past, I can't answer it," she continued. "The only thing I know is you've been played by Aku and the Red Phoenix in the past."