• prologue

November 7th, 1979

Remus Lupin sat in his big armchair in the living room of his cottage, looking down at the little baby girl in his arms. His daughter, born not even four hours ago. Her name? Lara Lily Lupin.

Her eyes were a caramel brown, much like her mothers' , and surrounded by long, black lashes. The curly hair on her head was dark brown, and her little hand was wrapped around Remus' thumb.

A tear slid down Remus' cheek. A tear of happiness, happy at the sight of his new born daughter. Remus was only nineteen, a young dad, but he knew he was going to protect his little girl at all costs. The tear also contained loss and sadness. Lara's mom, Camille, didn't survive the birth of Lara. Remus had known Camille since the day he first attended Hogwarts, and he had always known she was the love of his life.

Camille came from a french pureblood wizarding family: The Rousseaus. When Camille's parents found out she was pregnant and the dad was a half-blood, they had told her not to reach out to them again.

He lost her, he lost the love of his life. Remus had proposed to her three months ago, and now she was gone. This was one of the reasons he was going to protect Lara whatever it would take. He couldn't lose her too.

In the room with Remus were Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, James Potter and Lily Evans. No, Lily Potter.

Lily and James had gotten married not that long ago, and Remus couldn't be happier for them. They had been made Lara's godparents, and obviously Lara had gotten her middle name from Lily.

James, Sirius, Peter and Lily were Remus' best friends. They were all grieving because of the loss all five of them suffered. Camille was one of them, they had all lost her. Now, Lara was going to have to grow up without a mother. Lily was sure she was going to be taking that role, she already adored the little baby girl, and it reminded her of how much she would love it to have her own child.

"Should I hold her for a second?" James asked the young father. He had held onto the girl ever since she was born and dressed. James wanted his friend to be able to let go for a second, take a little time for himself.

Remus nodded and handed Lara to James, who softly rocked his arms with the sleeping girl in it. Lily stood next to James and softly caressed Lara's chubby cheek.

The girl was already so loved by every single one of her fathers' friends. They would all try their hardest to make sure the girl was safe and not hurt. After all, she was the first born child of the Marauder's, the friend group.

Lara Lily Lupin, this is her story.

November 27th, 1979

It was obvious Lara had already created a big liking towards her godmother, Lily. The feeling was mutual, Lily loved the girl like she was her own child. When she was born and Camille passed, Lily felt the need to fill the role of a mother figure.

There was news, because Lily was really going to be a mother of her own. James and her were expecting a baby.

"We have a surprise for you all." Lily announced as she and James stood in front of their friend group. Lara was held in the arms of Peter. Remus was extremely grateful for all the help he had gotten from all of his friends the past weeks with Lara. He didn't know how to raise a child on his own, also considering his monthly werewolf problem. Remus' biggest fear was that he was going to hurt Lara accidentally.

"Well, tell us!" Sirius told Lily.

The red-haired woman held up a picture as James placed his arm around her shoulder. It was an ultrasound-echo. Lily was pregnant.