1. the start of a new era

————————————————————————

It was July 20th 1991. Harry and Lara were having a sleepover in Lara's room, something they did often whenever they could.

Both kids had gotten double beds when they turned eight, Lara earlier than Harry obviously. 

Harry was on the left side of the bed, Lara on the right. They were having a staring match, whoever looked away first was supposed to be the one to tell the adults they had eaten all the candy in the house.

Lara being the dominant girl she was, beat Harry. It wasn't that hard, since Harry never really was able to keep eye contact for longer than five seconds with anyone.

"Yes! I win!"  The eleven year old girl exclaimed excitedly.

Before Harry could say anything, there was a loud sound coming from the window. It sounded as if a very small stone was thrown against it. Lara got up from the bed to see what caused the sound, and came eye to eye with a brown owl on the opposite side of the window.

At the sight of a letter in the owl's beak, Lara quickly opened the window and a smile formed on her face when the owl dropped the letter in her hand.

"What's that?" Harry asked her as she walked back to the bed after petting the owl's head.

Lara sat down, crossed legged on the bed as she excitedly started opening the letter. "It's my Hogwarts letter!" She yell-whispered in order not to wake anybody. It was late already.

The two kids scooted together and Lara started reading the letter out loud:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Dear ms. Lupin,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Terms begin on September 1st. We await your owl by no later than July 31st.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

"Harry I got my letter!" Lara exclaimed, as if Harry had not noticed that yet. He too looked very excited as the two flipped the page to read the second one:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

UNIFORM:

First-year students will require:

1. three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for the day to wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
                                         4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)                                                      5. One formal set of clothes (dress/dress robes)