6. unknown

Lara sat next to Ron, opposite to Hermione and Harry at the Gryffindor table. The four were doing their homework together.

"Does it hurt terribly Draco?"

It was Pansy, who was sitting next to Draco at the Slytherin table and referred to his arm, which had a cast around it. Apparently, Buckbeak had hurt Draco's arm so much he really needed the cast.

Lara rolled her eyes. No offense towards Pansy, she really had started to care a great deal for the girl. However, it was really unnecessary to baby Draco so much. He probably thought the cast looked cool because he couldn't stop talking about it.

"It comes and it goes. Still, I consider myself lucky. If it weren't for madam Pomfrey, another minute or two and I could've erm- lost my arm. I can't possibly do homework for weeks." Draco answered Pansy's question.

"Listen to the idiot." Ron scoffed. He, Hermione and Harry were all watching Draco with disgust on their faces. Lara however, couldn't be bothered to give the blonde boy her attention.

"He's really laying it on thick, isn't he?" Ron continued scolding Draco.

"Yeah, but at least Hagrid didn't get fired." Harry piped up.

"I heard Draco's father is furious, we haven't heard the end of this." Hermione said sadly.

Lara scoffed. "Hagrid didn't do anything wrong. Malfoy should've just been more careful with his actions."

The girl sent a confused look to Harry when he grinned to himself a bit.

"What's are you on about?" She asked her best friend, who now looked up at her.

"Maybe you could help Draco out and heal him?" He suggested sarcastically, making Lara roll her eyes.

It was an option. Draco had already encountered her once, begging for her to heal him as he knew she was able to do that. However, she told him to get lost and she mad it very clear that she would never use her abilities to help him out.

Ron turned to Lara. "Why are you even friends with Parkinson. She's just as bad as Malfoy."

It was obvious nobody, except for Harry, really understood why Lara had been hanging out with Pansy so much lately. It had been two weeks since the ball and Lara and Pansy had hung out about six times after school.

The reason for this was because Pansy had told her parents she was not going to be home for Christmas and Pansy's parents were not so happy about that. Lara just felt that out of all of her friends, Pansy needed her the most right now.

"Why is it that you always judge my choice in friends, but then in the end you become friends with them as well, Ron?" Lara asked Ron with a sarcastic smile on her face.

Ron muttered something nobody was able to hear.

"He's been sighted, he's been sighted!" Seamus came running into the Great Hall with a copy of the Daily Prophet in his hands. The Gryffindors around them immediately scooted closer to Seamus, who had laid the newspaper on the table for everyone to see.

"Who?" Someone asked Seamus.

"Sirius Black!" He answered and Lara rolled her eyes as she stood next to Ron to read the article.

"Dufftown?" Hermione read from the paper. "That's not far from here."

"You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" Neville asked no one in particular.

"With dementors at every entrance?" Someone Lara didn't know the name of asked Neville, clearly believing Sirius Black was not going to be able to enter Hogwarts.