James Trivette

Character: James Trivette and (Y/N)

Situation: It's your wedding but you find out your fiancé is still cheating on you and you break up the wedding in the middle of the church. You end up going to C.D.'s bar and you meet the nice Texas Ranger James Trivette.

~❤️~

How could he have done that to you? She was right there, on the front bench of your wedding, smiling in her bright pink dress. You knew he cheated on you, but you thought that was past. He was going to be your husband. So what was she doing there?

You looked into your lover's eyes before taking off the engagement ring of your left hand. Suddenly the church went quiet as the world stopped for some moments.

"Sorry.", you said before giving him your ring. He was looking at you with a surprised look on his face. "I can't do this."

And then, without a second thought, you ran, with your pretty white dress, through the hallway of the church.

After leaving the church you entered a cab without a place to go.

"Where to, miss?", the man asked. He didn't make any questions about you being dressed in a wedding white dress.

For a couple of seconds, you thought about a place to go.

"To C.D.'s bar, please.", you needed a drink. A strong drink.

"Sure, miss.", the taxi driver responded before driving away from the church.

When you entered the bar, suddenly everybody started looking at you and whispering, but you didn't care. You just gave up a wedding in the middle of the church, so you couldn't care less about what a group of strangers would think about you.

"A whiskey on the rocks, please.", you asked C.D. when you sat down. C.D. looked at you and curved his lips in a tiny smile of sympathy.

Then he served you the drink.

"It's free for you.", he said giving you the whiskey. "I won't ask you what happened, but I'm here if you need."

"Thanks, C.D.", you said. "For the words and the drink".

You knew C.D. for a long time because your father was a Texas Ranger.

You drank a little and looked around to see that some people were still looking at you, making you want to stand up and tell them to mind their own business. But you didn't make it. Instead, you kept listening to the country song on the jukebox and drinking your whiskey while thinking what the hell have you done wrong for your fiancé to freaking cheat on you.

"Can I sit here?", suddenly a voice spoke and you saw a Texas Ranger with his white hat next to you.

"Yeah, sure.", you said. "It's a free country."

"Sure it is, ma'am.", he spoke. "Mind if I ask you if everything is alright?"

"Well, I guess you just asked. And no. It's not.", you said before a pause. "My fiancé was cheating on me, and had the audacity to invite her for our wedding."

"It sounds like your fiancé is a douchebag.", he said.

"Ex-fiancé.", you said. "I'll never get back together with him."

"Well, from what you are telling me, it sounds like a nice plan. He sure doesn't deserve you.", the ranger said. "I'm James, by the way. James Trivette."

"I'm (Y/N).", you shook his hand.

James looked at your glass of whiskey almost empty.

"You're not trying to get drunk to forget him, are you?"

You shrug.

"I guess I am.", you admitted.

"And I'm sure that's not the best way to forget about him.", James said. "That guy is clearly a douchebag. So why would you cry and get drunk because of him? C'mon...", he touched your arm softly. "I'll drive you home. You shouldn't drive after drinking."

"I'll grab a taxi after one more whiskey shot.", you said.

"Hey, c'mon. Getting drunk will not help you to cure a broken heart.", James said.

"Okay, okay Ranger. You're right.", you admitted. "He doesn't deserve my tears."

James took you home in his red sports car as he promised you. He was a nice guy, contrarily to your ex-fiancé, a cheater, and a douchebag.

"Thank you, Ranger.", you said to him after getting out of the car.

James smiled at you.

"No need to thank me.", he declared. "You know what, I think nobody in his right mind would have left you, (Y/N)."

You blushed a little after hearing that.

"If you say so...", you said.

James shrugged.

"Well, I wouldn't.".  

*****

What other characters would you like me to write about?