Part 4 - OLD

Ugh. Online classes are terrible! I was sitting there when my family did something upstairs, causing a loud bang! "Miss Atkinson, what was that?" sighed my teacher, Ms. Rivera.

"Probably my family and party-poppers." I fibbed. "Sorry."

She frowned, but nodded. "Alright. Mute your mic, then."

"Yes, Ms. Rivera." I said, muting my mic.

My classmates were snickering. I glanced down at the time. Only five more minutes of live class, then I could leave the call.

As the end of the year was coming up, teachers were getting more and more agitated about good test grades, because it determined their pay for the next online school-year. They gave us way more solo-work, and graded harder. While this made the school have some of the best grades, it was exhausting.

I wrote down the equations Ms. Rivera was explaining, as I would need them for my solo-work. Math was irritating. I would get Jakob to help me out later. He understands that stuff more than I do. 

An alarm went off. "Alright, live school is out for today. Please finish your solo-work, and have it ready by live school tomorrow!" said Ms. Rivera. "Have a good day!"

"You too, Ms. Rivera." I said before hanging up.

I worked on my math for a while, before moving on to grammar. I finished it quickly.

I worked until I heard the 'Villain Alarm' my family had go off. I waited for them to leave the house. 

That's when I changed into my vigilante suit and left my house. I followed my family (in their superhero get-up, of course) to the source of said alarm: a middle-aged man with lightning sparking out of his beard yelling at some girl, who was awfully familiar. Crap, I thought. That's Ravage!

Ravage was a vigilante with whom I worked closely with. She was my age, and we actually got along very well. Her vigilante suit showed her face, even though she put on enough makeup to look like a different person. If my parents found out who she was, she would be imprisoned. She was what vigilantes called a 'dark grey,' meaning she did good deed and bad deeds for people.

I am a 'light grey,' a mostly good vigilante.

I whistled a quick tune, alerting Ravage to where I was. Once she caught my eyes, I nodded at my family. She saw them. Ravage quickly said something to the man, and slipped away into the flow of foot traffic, some of which had stopped to stare. I followed her via rooftops. She turned into an alley, and I dropped down in front of her. 

"Ravage?" I asked.

She nodded. "I guess you can call me Zoe Smith now." she said, fiddling with her red-orange hair.

I took off my mask. "Then you can call me Brooke Atkinson." I told her. "If I know your identity, you'll know mine."

Zoe stared at me, speechless. "You're different." She said at last.

I smiled at her. "I try."