The Deduction pt 1

It was a typical day for Brooke.

        She woke up tired after falling asleep tired. She got out of bed and took a shower. She brushed and pulled her hair back. She got dressed in her usual t-shirt, jean shorts, and hoodies. She pulled on her knee-high socks, then her tennis shoes. She put on her glasses. She slung her backpack over her shoulder and headed downstairs.

        Brooke made herself some toast and left the empty house quickly.

        The two-story townhouse was empty often. The Atkinson family owned the entire row, and had used it as a bed-n-breakfast before the twins were born. After that, the other houses were rented out for vacations in the Big Apple, aside from 15, 16, and 17, for a reason unknown to Brooke.

        With a sigh, Brooke locked the door behind her as she headed off to school.

        She despised her school. It wasn't a bad place or anything of the sorts, but...

       (1.)  It was a middle and high school mixed together, so she crossed paths with her siblings way too often. 

       (2.)  She had one friend. (Who was great, but that's beside the point.)

       (3.) The teachers did not like her, aside from Mrs. Rene.

        "I don't know, Jakob." said Brooke doubtfully as she watched her best and only friend climb up a ladder set against the roof.

        "Trust me, Rook!" The brune sent her a reassuring smile.

        Needless to say, Brooke was not reassured.

        "The cord won't reach that high." she called up.

        Jakob White rolled his eyes. "Of course it will! I measured it myself!"

        He reached the roof and began pulling the cord up to the special 'display' he had created earlier that morning, an assortment of lamps and lights.

        The cord was short by at least a yard.

        Brooke's sigh was audible to Jakob, even though he was two-stories high.

        "I tol-"

        Brooke was cut off by Jakob. "Don't you dare finish that sentence." He groaned. "Please tell me you have a solution for this?"

        The blonde laughed. "Of course I do."

        She went over to the gardening shed, and unlocked it. Glad I joined the gardening club. she thought to herself as she grabbed an extension cord.

        She walked back to the dangling cord and plugged the extension cord in. "How's that, O Genius of Pranks and Magic?" she called.

        "Thank you, Rook!" came the reply. "Just sit back and enjoy the show!"

        Brooke grinned. "Will do!"

        "Mister Anderson!"

       Principal Martin (No matter what she says, she is not your 'pal,'), came storming down the walkway, brown bangs swinging wildly. The vice principal, Ms. Osborne, followed in her wake, holding her trusty clipboard of detention slips.

        Brooke observed this from her spot at the lockers as she pretended to look for her health textbook. 

        "Mister Anderson! Get down from there at once! We tolerated you the first few times, but no longer!" yelled Principal Martin, shaking her fist at Jakob.