In the Middle of the Night Pt. 1 - Niall

Hello again people! It's been like two weeks, and in those two weeks, I wrote this kinda long oneshot about Niall. So, I hope y'all enjoy!

          "Lillie, we're out of milk too. Add that to your list!" Angie's shout rang through the apartment as Lillie gathered her purse and jacket. She had been sent on a quest for groceries. In the middle of the night. In thirty degree weather.

          "Already on the list, Angie!" Lillie yelled back before muttering to herself, "I love you, Angie, but I am never going on your midnight food runs again. I don't care how many times you manage to guilt trip me about accidentally dropping a bowling ball and breaking your toe at camp in middle school."

          In a swirl of clean snow and bitter tasting wind, Lillie headed to the nearest open 24/7 bodega. Finally, she burst through the door, which rang to signify her arrival to Mr. Delmar and his cat. The warmth blasting from the space-heater began to thaw Lillie's appendages which had been frozen during the ten minute walk from her apartment to Mr. Delmar's bodega. Lillie looked around for a few seconds before briskly walking towards the dairy section.

          "Hey! It's Lillie!" Mr. Delmar cried out upon seeing who had come into the store, "Back here two times in one week. What's Angela and you doing with all this food?"

          "Hey Mr. D!" replied Lillie, "I have no idea what Angie's been doing. Ever since that James guy broke up with her, she's locked herself up in her room. It's been almost a week, and the smell is starting to enter the rest of the apartment. Besides, no amount of coaxing has gotten her out. I'm kinda worried this time."

          Mr. Delmar nodded in understanding before saying, "Well, when you do get her out, bring her round here. Murph needs his cuddles otherwise he gets angsty, and God knows we're not getting anywhere near that devil animal with our allergies. Don't know why the missus wanted that dang cat anyway."

          Lillie laughed, and placed the milk, six chocolate bars, two packs of root beer, four bags of cheese puffs, and a container of yogurt covered pretzels.

          "How much do I owe you?" Lillie asked.

          Before Mr. Delmar could answer, screams and stampeding footsteps could be heard coming from outside.

          "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, everyone, but I have to go," a brown-haired man ran into the bodega and shut the door on what seemed to be thousands of girls' hands reaching into the leftover crack just to touch him. The lock clicked, and the man looked up to be met with silence from Lillie, Mr. Delmar, and a disgruntled Murph.

          "Hello, Niall Horan," Lillie said in a daze.

          "You know this young man?" Mr. Delmar asked, not too happy about his magazine stands that had been locked down outside were now upside down and twisted out of shape.

          "No. I just know of him," Lillie said still in a daze.

          "Well, uh, yeah. I'm really sorry to bother you, but um, I need a place to hide. Please?" Niall's voice wavered with the leftover adrenaline, and the voice crack on the "please" snapped Lillie out of her reverie straight into business problem solving mode.

          "Right, there's no back entrance so I'm going to take you to the store room where there's a very small window you might be able to escape out of worse case scenario. Mr. Delmar, you stay and make sure none of the fans bust down the door," Lillie spoke with efficiency as though she took care of these kinds of celebrity crises all the time.

          Mr. Delmar took his spot in front of the door, and Lillie led Niall through the twisted maze of canned, boxed, and refrigerated food items stocked on every surface.

          Lillie heard Niall say timidly, "So, do you have a name? I'm Niall by the way."

          "Nice to meet you, Niall. I'm Lillie. And, uh, watch your step there. Someone must have dropped a bag of hard beans or something," came Lillie's reply.

          Finally, they came upon a white door that read "Staff Room - Do Not Enter." Pushing open the door, Lillie and Niall were faced with a nice-ish looking room with a couch, desk, and computer, and small window shoved into a walk-in closet size space.

          Niall and Lillie looked at each other at the same time and found themselves unable to break eye contact. Lillie smiled before looking down and playing with her fingers.

          "Um, so, do you need to call someone?" Lila broke the silence.

          "Yeah. I do, but could I use your phone please? I left mine back in the hotel room," Niall asked.

          "Yeah. sure. Here." Lillie said, passing her phone to him before stepping outside to talk to Mr. Delmar.

          After Niall had called his manager, Tim, and his bodyguard, Hunter, Lillie knew she would have to call Angie as the crowd of girls were still there, desperate to catch even just a glimpse of the Niall Horan.

          "Hey Niall? Could you say hi to my roommate please? She doesn't believe me," Lillie called towards the back. Niall walked out of the Staff Room, and walked towards Lillie and her phone.

          "Hello Lillie's roommate! Sorry I'm keeping her from heading back to you. You should just know that Lillie has been a huge help," Niall said staring into Lillie's eyes the whole time.

           "OH MY GOD! HE'S REALLY THERE! Also, Lillie. Are you ok?" Angie screamed, more alert than she had been all week.

           "Yes. I'm fine," Lillie replied, "Niall's got people coming to help us, so I'll be home somewhat soon with all the snacks as promised."

          "Never mind about all that!" Angie yelled into the phone, "YOU ARE IN THE SAME ROOM AS NIALL FREAKING HORAN! Wasn't he your favorite out of all of them?"

          As Lillie's cheeks burned in embarassment, Niall stifled a laugh into his shirt.

          "Yeah okay. Hanging up now," Lillie said quickly, cutting off Angie's protests, "Love you! Bye!"

          Turning to Niall, Lillie gathered up her groceries and headed to the counter to pay. She might as well finish what she came to do.

          "Let's waste some time!" Lillie called over her shoulder.

So. That was part one. The next one will be posted really soon. If anyone is actually reading this and has a suggestion for anything lemme know down below. Ok. Byeeeeee!!!!

XOXO,

Dolphin