In the Middle of the Night Pt. 2 - Niall

Helloooo!!!!! I'm a very forgetful person, so that is why this update is weeks after when I meant to publish it. Sorry! But I hope I can make up for that with the ending of In the Middle of the Night. Have fun!!!!!

          Niall, Lillie, and Murph sat in a circle waiting for help to arrive while playing games on Lillie's phone. Passing the phone back and forth, Lillie and Niall beat each other's high scores on Subway Surfers over and over again.

          "Are they still out there?" Niall asked. Mr. Delmar peered over the counter which instigated a round of screaming from the fans still camped outside.

          "Does that answer your question?" Mr. Delmar asked, "Holy crap. Is she unpacking a tent?!"

          Niall threw his head back and groaned while Lillie just laughed. After a moment, she bolted upright. All traces of laughter now gone from her face.

          "I have an idea," she said clearly before turning to look at Niall with a glint of mischief in her eyes.

          A ding sounded just after Lillie spoke causing Niall to check his phone.

          "So, Hunter is here, but he can't get past all the screaming girls. Does this idea help get me out?" Niall asked.

          "Yes. But for this to work, I'm gonna need that mop, your clothes, Niall, and a box of brown hair dye," Lillie said grinning evilly.

          Mr. Delmar knew better than to question Lillie, so he set about getting the things she'd asked for while Lillie tried to convince Niall to give her his clothes.

          "You want me to take off my clothes right here?" Niall asked incredulously.

          "No. I want you to take off your clothes in the Staff Room," Lillie said back, "That sounded weird. I meant you can undress in the Staff Room where an extra change of Mr. Delmar's clothes are."

          Niall began to understand Lillie's plan, and he just stared at her, a small smirk crossing his face. Finally he sighed and said, "Fine. I'll do it. But I'm betting you this won't work."

          "It will work!" Lillie said laughing, "So it's a bet."

          "If I win, you have to go to dinner with me. In fact, I should put my number in your phone now just in case," Niall said.

          "Fine," Lillie repeated Niall's words mockingly, "I'll do it."

          Niall chuckled before putting his number in her phone and moving towards the Staff Room. Smiling to herself, Lillie peeked out the window to see throngs of girls waiting outside. Yes, there were less than before, but there were still an impressive amount standing between the burly man she assumed to be Hunter and the door.

          Niall walked out of the Staff Room in khakis and a floral Hawaiian shirt. Lillie had to cover her mouth to stop from laughing. It was no use, and she burst out laughing tears running down her cheeks.

          Niall looked down at himself and joked, "If anyone gets a picture of me like this, it's going to go viral, and my career will be ruined. Also, um, Mr. Delmar? May I ask why you have summer clothes as your spare clothes in the middle of winter?"

          Mr. Delmar just shrugged and said, "You wear it better than me, kid."

          Lillie snapped a picture before handing Niall, Mr. Delmar's coat so he would be less conspicuous.

          "So, Mr. D, your apartment is right around the corner, so sprint there and the girls won't know where you went. Meanwhile, Niall will sneak towards Hunter, and they will wait for me to lock up in the alley out back. Everyone got the plan?" Lillie asked.

          Niall and Mr. Delmar nodded and they all moved into positions. Niall and Lillie standing behind the counter, out of sight, and Mr. Delmar holding Murph poised next to the door.

          "We go on three," Lillie said softly, "One, Two, Three."

          And Mr. Delmar flung the door open and raced into the night. From the camped out fangirl's point of view, a man wearing Niall's clothes ran past them with a brown mop of hair on his head. Desperate for even the slightest chance to meet him, they all ran after the figure who was rounding the corner. While this happened, Lillie shoved Niall out the door, and he ran to the back where his security team was waiting. Lillie quickly shut down the store and locked up, even going so far as to pull down the metal grate over the entire store front. Then, she stealthily made her way around back.

          Looking around, Lillie couldn't see anything in the dark until a door swung open from a car she hadn't noticed. Niall's brown head popped out of the open door and beckoned to Lillie to get in. Lillie did just that, and they were off.

          As they drove, Lillie's phone buzzed. Looking down, she saw she had a text from Mr. Delmar, "At home. Your brilliant plan worked. Murph and May thank you."

          A few seconds later, a picture came through of Mr. Delmar's wife, May, holding a happy Murph while her husband looked on with a frown and a Kleenex. Lillie showed the texts to Niall who grinned.

          As they approached Lillie's apartment building, Niall leaned towards the driver to speak to him in a low voice. The car tires crunched on the driveway gravel, and Lillie turned towards Niall to say a goodbye only to realize he'd already left the car to open her door.

          "Wow. Thank you," Lillie said, "What a gentleman."

          Niall blushed in the dark, and walked Lillie to the door. Stopping, he turned to Lillie a sad smile on his face.

          "I guess you don't have to go to dinner with me," Niall said.

          "Well, we never said what I would get if I won," Lillie responded.

"And what do you get?" Niall asked.

          "I get backstages passes to at least three of your Madison Square Garden shows, and four front row tickets to three more MSG shows," Lillie said jokingly as Niall laughed.

          "But in all seriousness," Lillie continued, "My prize is that we are going out, now. It doesn't have to be dinner, but I want to get to know you better."

          Niall smiled and said, "I'm glad you said that because I didn't realize it was Paul, the driver,'s daughter's birthday until in the car, and I felt bad I had pulled him away, so I just told him to take the rest of tonight off."

          Lillie smiled at how guilty Niall looked when saying this confession, "I know a fro-yo place that's open 24/7. You wanna go?"

          Niall nodded before offering Lillie his arm. And the two walked off in the middle of the the night.

So. *Puts head on hands and leans towards you* What'd you think? Ohhh also, I think I'm gonna do Zayn next. Just saying. But this time, I'm not going to say when I expect to post it because I probably will not post it for like two weeks. Well, I just gave you an estimate. Whatever. Ok. Byeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!