We'll See You Around Pt. 1 - Zayn

Sooooooooo. That was a very long break. Sorry about that. But here's an update! (And it's Zayn this time as you could probably tell from the chapter title) Yea. Enjoy!

          After hours of interviews, Zayn shook his head. There was no way he would be hiring any of these nannies to look after his kid. With Gigi, Zayn's girlfriend, off for Milan and Paris' fashion weeks, Zayn was taking some quality time with their one and a half old daughter, Kai. Of course, he couldn't do this on his own, and after only a few days, he needed some help. Zayn turned to Kai who was giggling in her highchair.

          "What am I going to do with you," Zayn said with a small smile, "I need to go to the studio, and I can't bring you with me."

          Kai giggled and shrieked before promptly knocking over her little bowl of cheerios. After Zayn picked up the fallen cereal, he dressed Kai in a little pink outfit and headed to the park.

          Everyone at the park knew exactly who Zayn was, but it was a tight knit community. They couldn't bring themselves to expose the little family even if they wanted to. Zayn walked over to the swings and settled Kai in. She clapped her hands, laughing and shrieking some more.

          "Here we go," Zayn said as he began to push her back and forth.

          As he pushed, he made funny faces at her. Causing Kai to burst into rounds of giggles. Halfway through making the silliest face yet, Zayn realized Kai had stopped looking at him, for she was watching something behind him. Zayn turned around and saw a woman he'd never seen before going down the slide with a little boy. They were both laughing, and then, the little boy tackled the woman with a big hug. He couldn't have been older than two. Zayn smiled at the pair before turning back to Kai.

          "Oh. You want to make a friend?" Zayn asked her, "Should I let you down?"

          Kai giggled and said, "Yes!"

          Suddenly, Zayn heard little steps in the wood chips behind him. Turning, he saw the boy shyly peeping at Kai from behind one of the swing's poles.

          Zayn shook his head, and lifted her from the swing. With a kiss on her red cheeks, he set her down to play. Zayn watched her stumble run towards him. Then, he turned and sat on a nearby bench.

          "She's really cute," Zayn heard a voice.

          He turned to see the woman sitting at the other end of the bench.

          "Thank you," Zayn said with a smile, "Is he your son?"

          "Yes he is," the woman said, "My name's Rebecca, and that little stinker is Ben."

          "Hello Rebecca," Zayn said with a small smile, "I'm Zayn, and my daughter's name is Kai."

          "That's such a beautiful name," Rebecca said.

          "Thank you," Zayn replied, "Are you new to LA?"

          "We just moved from San Francisco," she said nodding.

          "My friend Harry just moved to North Beach."

          "Really?" Rebecca asked, "Ben and I came from Chinatown right next to it."

          "Just Ben and you?" Zayn asked before backtracking, "Sorry, I don't mean to pry."

          "It's ok," Rebecca assured him, "Ben's dad left when I was pregnant, but Ben and I are doing just fine. I've found there is never a dull moment in motherhood. How about you?"

          "My girlfriend, Gigi, is away for fashion week," Zayn responded, "Kai and I miss her a lot. But as you said, there is never a dull moment, but with fatherhood too."

          They smiled at each other before turning back to watching their children run around the playground. At the sound of a ding, Zayn looked at his phone to see a message from the babysitter program. There were more candidates.

          "As adorable as they are, I'm afraid Kai and I need to get home," Zayn said with a smile.

          "Oh no problem," Rebecca replied as they walked over to the playing children, "This is Ben and I's favorite playground, so maybe we'll see you both around sometime."

          "I'm sure I'll see you around," Zayn said happily as he scooped up Kai, "Gigi will be so excited to meet you. We're always looking for new playmates for Kai."

          Ben and Kai let out twin whines at the separation, and both parents chuckled.

          "I guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other," Zayn said, "Until next time."

          "Bye," Rebecca replied.

          With that, Zayn and Kai walked off towards home.

YAY!!! Zayn!!! Also, just a side note, a little FYI, this one was not romantic. This was setting them up to be friends. Also, it had some cute Kai moments. So yeah. I'm not going to promise anything in terms of updates because we saw how well that turned out (yeah right two weeks. oops.). I can't decide if I'm going to do a part two for this or if I'm going to do a Louis one next. One more side note, none of these one shots are related to each other, so the Harry in this is not the Harry in the first shot. Thank you guys for reading!!!!!

XOXO,

Dolphin