~chapter six~

*hi guys, I added a specific song that i really like, and it is also featured in the chapter so you can honestly play it whenever :] thanks for reading <3*

Dream's POV

After I told George to put his shoes on, I realized it was still fairly early and he wouldn't see the place in his prime, so we spent the day playing Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros in the meantime. Once it started getting dark out, I told George to get ready and we left. 

George wore light blue jeans that had rips in them, and a cool black belt to accompany it. He also wore a light purple sweatshirt with a white collar on top of it. He also had a silver chain to go on top and completed the look with white converse. He honestly looked very cute.

What? I did not just say that. It's not weird if I dont make it weird, his outfit is nice, that's all.

I wore black slim fit jeans and a light blue hoodie. I also wore some converse but these were light blue. I was much more simple then George but I was completely fine with that, he was popping off and that's all that mattered to me.

I took George to a big street in the neighborhood, It has a bunch of flowers in the lamp posts, fairy lights hung across the street. It had many shops of different kind of things, so I knew George would be interested in a specific shop.

We had arrived to the start of the street so I parked in the corner so we could walk peacefully together. We were walking side by side and noticed George was a bit off. He was trying hard to keep a straight face, almost too hard. I wish he would just tell me what happened, my mind has been repeating that over and over again but there is nothing I want more. I long for his happiness and I'll make sure he feels safe with me. Deep down I know he didn't do anything wrong, he's just too pure for it. We were nearing the corner to the main street and I was fairly excited for his reaction. We passed the corner and his eyes, they lit up so much, and his smile. It's the biggest smile I've seen since I've met him. 

"Dream!! What the hell this is so pretty! I literally don't think I could name something more pretty than this."

"I can." I was staring at him as I said that, and I was smiling too. Seeing him happy had to be the best thing about life. He get's happy over flowers and lights? That's truly amazing.

He looked back at me to see I was already staring at him and I could see him go a little pink. I mean it was a little warm at the moment but who knows.

"What?"

"Oh nothing, alright there is a lot to do! There is so much to see let's go!" I grabbed his hand and dragged him up the road. There was a song playing in the background and it seemed very fitting. Faster Car by Loving Caliber.

"I've been feeling so small, Watch the clock ticking off the wall, But tonight I'm letting it go, Spend my coin for show, I'm gonna be myself, Or I could be someone else, No one's stopping me now, I'm gonna skip my breaks, I'm gonna make mistakes, I just wanna feel alive, It's just what I do when I'm out so.."

His hand was so warm, and small. It was like a puzzle piece and it fit perfect with mine. I'm so glad George is here, my best friend is really here in America with me.

"Try not to hold me down, Feel alive, when I'm in this town, Look at those beautiful stars, I wanna drive a faster car, Nothing can break me, No no, nothing can break me."

We went in and out of different stores, a candy shop, an antique shop, a mini market, a jewelry shop, and much more. The whole time George was jumping up and down like a little kid out of joy and it truly warmed my heart. Now we were currently outside a small Florida gift shop, and I wanted to get him a small gift as his technical first day out in Florida. 

George was stuck looking at the fairly lights and I lightly tapped his shoulder, "Georgie-"

"Yes Dreamy?"

"Let's go in here, yeah?"

"A gift shop! I bet they have cute little trinkets here that have "I love Florida" on it!"

We both walked in together and he immediately went to the Florida snow-globes.  

"Dream!! Look how cute these are?" I took one from the shelf that was exactly like the one he picked up and put it behind my back slickly.

"Seriously? A snow-globe?" I could see his smile falter the slightest as I told him my lie in the disinterest in the snow-globe. Truthfully, I thought it was adorable, fitting for him. But I wanted to surprise him with it, so I had to keep up the charade. "Why don't we go get icecream, it's a couple shops down and we can sit at the park that meets in the middle?"

He looked around quickly like if he was reminiscing the store then agreed, "Sure."

We walked into the icecream shop to be greeted by an older man who was standing over he display of flavors.

 "Hello there what would you like today?"

 He was eyeing down George like he was a piece of meat. And frankly both George and I noticed, I think he felt a bit threatened by the man so I slightly stood in front of him, not to make it too noticeable to the man, but noticeable to George.

"I'll take a mango sorbet on a cone please."

"Sure." He walked to the side of the sorbets and he was scooping and staring at George. He handed me the cone then looked at George with a smirk.

 "And what can I get you pretty thing?"

I was sure George was uncomfortable now by the way he was holding onto the back of my hoodie.

"U-um, I'll take strawberry  soft serve on a small cone please."

"And are you sure thats, all~ you want?" the man said with a hint of malice in his tone. At this point I was so done with his shit and George didn't deserve this.

"Hey, why don't you serve my boyfriend his damn icecream and we can get on our way, 'kay?" I looked back at George and he was a blushing mess, he also looked a little upset, but who wouldn't be in this situation. The man scooped the icecream then I went to receive it, "Here Georgie." He took the icecream, while I payed then we both started heading out. 

"You look great walking out darling."

Yeah, now? I wanted to drag his ass. I turned around so quick, "Excuse me?" I was getting ready to jump this bitch, that was until George softly grabbed my arm.

"Dream it isnt worth it, lets go." He softly said then began tugging me out. I made sure to give the clerk the biggest death stare then we walked out. I walked up to George then hugged him. No one deserves that.

"I'm sorry George."

"It's okay Dreamy," He looked up at me and smiled. "You made me feel safe, and that's all that matters. Hell you were about to rip the guy apart if I didn't stop you, and nobody's every stuck up for me like that, so thank you."

I took his words very deeply and it got me thinking. I guess he could see my smile falter slightly as he asked me, "What's wrong?"

"What happened at your parent's house?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Sorry for the cliffhanger guys :) Make sure to vote if you like this chapter, and let me know if I need to add a tw for what happened! Make sure to eat and hydrate :)

1324 words

-Luna