viii

Dean kicked the frail wooden door clean off the hinges with little effort. Four vamps turned their attention to the group that emerged from the basement, utterly shocked that their victims had escaped.

"We got no blood what are we doing?" Dean asked, as four sets of vamp teeth bear in his direction. They all hiss, and charge at the group of hunters that had just emerged from the basement.

"We gotta get creative!" Jade shouted excitedly,  using a chair to aid herself up onto a counter. She surveyed the area, looking for possible makeshift weapons. The others matched her energy, and Dean eventually took it upon himself that he should do the same. He found himself a butcher knife in a drawer, which was inherently useless, but went with it. He felt weird, compared to this group. They were so wild, so impulsive in their technique that his calculated, violent in nature manner of approaching hunting felt way too serious in comparison.

He decided it didn't matter though. He was here to kill vamps and so were they. They would do it their way, he'd find his own. So he did. He busted down a door, where a vamp was waiting with his fangs bared, and he swung the knife right into the neck of the creature. It lodged itself in about halfway, and the vamp ducked away before Dean could think to keep his grip on the handle. The vamp pushed him onto the ground with a strength that angered him when it came to vamps and their abilities, and before it could lunge into him and attack, Jade stepped up over Dean's head and swung a wooden chair around, the bar holding the bottom of the legs together took its neck clean off.

"Good one, Winchester," she chuckled, reaching her hand out to help him up. He took it and she pulled him up with a strength surprising for a girl that small in comparison to him, though, she was a trained hunter so it shouldn't be such a surprise, but it still threw him off.

Shortly after, the vampires were all disposed of, and the hunters made their way out of the cabin into the daylight.

The hunters gathered in a small bar local to the town of Mantua, where the girls decided they wanted to celebrate their victory. They all socialized, laughed, talked about everything and nothing, but Dean stayed quiet. He couldn't stop replaying the fantasy of the drug trip he'd just been on. He'd always wanted a life outside of hunting, and he had one for awhile with Lisa. He always thought that would be his fantasy had he ever been snagged by a Djinn again, but he couldn't figure out why Sutton was a part of it instead. He'd met the woman once, they had drinks once. He almost kissed her, once, but then again he's kissed a lot of women he'd just met, and gone further with them to leave and never see them after.

He stole a glance at Desiree, who was chatting happily with Austin. Why was her sister so entrancing?

It wasn't long before the table took their bill, and decided to head to the motel for the night. Dean wanted to stick around, he was only buzzed, and would rather go to bed feeling like the world was spinning instead. Austin took the Impala back, offering to pick Dean up if he wished. They all said their goodbyes to the eldest Winchester, then left the bar chattering with each other lightly.

He watched every customer come and go, paying attention to the figures much closer than he usually did. When alone at the bar, with no desire to take a woman home, and nobody to talk to, people-watching was the best it got. It was even better that he was off in the far corner hidden from view with a perfect view of the door.

Nobody sparked his interest, which was typical for a place like this. It was a sleepy town, the people were just about as interesting as dirt.

It was when Jaydon and Aaron White rolled in that Dean's attention was caught. He wondered what the hell they were doing here, unless they were chasing the same case he and the others had just cracked. They, as always expected, made their way to the two hottest girls in the joint, and played their games with them, as they always did. They didn't notice Dean sitting in the dark corner, but they also didn't care to look.

Dean hated them with a passion. They both were complete pieces of shit with no regard for people and their lives. He'd never heard of as many human casualties between a pair of hunters as high as the White brothers. They were out to kill, and they loved to kill. If you thought Dean and Sam were stupid, the White brothers were worse. They didn't care.

Bored of watching the brothers, his focus was fixed onto the door again. Nobody seemed to be coming in, only a few were leaving slowly throughout the night. The two women that the White brothers were hitting on both left with different men, which amused Dean just enough, but his amusement was cut short when he saw who their next victim would be.

A pretty blonde was at the billiard table, chalking a cue stick. She had her back towards Dean, but he knew from the way she dressed, stood, and acted that one, if not both of them were going to do what it took to get her in bed. Dean knew, because he would do the exact same thing if he were in the mood.

It was when the woman turned to face Jayden that Dean froze. The White brothers knew who this woman was, as did he.

Sutton Rowland had walked into the bar at some point during the night, and Dean missed it.