v

"What were you going to say when you told me you had stuff?" Dean asked leaning against the frame of the bathroom door. Sutton sat on his bed, and glanced up at the tall, handsome Winchester.

"A case, a long one," she admitted, avoiding eye contact. It felt weird to be confessing secret stuff to a questioning adult, especially since she, herself was one as well. Dean's expression went softer, and he looked confused, and if Sutton wasn't mistaken, he looked concerned about it.

"I've been following something, it's big, which is why Jade and Desirae can't know, it's why I'm leaving as soon as I can. I have work to do, Dean," she explained to him. "It's complicated, and really important."

"I get complicated," he told her, crossing his arms. "We all can help you with it."

She looked up at him, she could tell he was stubborn, and very set in his ways. She shook her head. "No."

His expression turned hard again, "So you're just going to disappear and take care of whatever this is all by yourself?"

She didn't answer, which basically just confirmed her intention to do exactly what he had said.

"That's a suicide mission," Dean told her.

She shook her head. "Bringing anyone along is a suicide mission."

"You don't do that to family."

"This is what my family does, Dean, it's not some happy little brady bunch deal like what you have here okay?"

"Let someone come with you, me even, nobody else has to know" he stated firmly.

"Or what?"

"We'll find you one way or another, you can't stay hidden."

Sutton sighed, and stood up from Dean's bed. She crossed her arms and stepped towards him, standing three feet away from him.

"What does it matter to you?" She asked.

Dean stood there, not knowing what to say. He looked the woman up and down, then right into her blue eyes. His gaze flickered down to her lips, and he couldn't help but start leaning in towards the woman. She reached her arm up, placing her hand on his chest. He looked down at where she had touched him, right over his protection tattoo. For a split second, he wondered if she knew it was there. He wondered also if she also noticed how rapidly the tension was softened between the two of them. How they went from a heated discussion about a hunt, to there being a chance that things could get heated in another way.

His thoughts were cut short when he glanced down at where her hand was, and he noticed the burn marks around her wrist. He pulled back and went to reach for her hand, which she pulled away quickly. He was about to say something, but she had already grabbed her leather jacket off the dresser and turned towards the door. "Sutton."

"I'm not leaving, relax," she told him. "Goodnight Dean."

"You don't even know where you're staying tonight," he told her. She stopped in the doorway, and looked back at him. "I'll sleep on a couch."

"Just stay here for the night," he sighed. "I'll take the floor." He didn't want to argue with the woman. She was fiery, and it was tiring him out. He also didn't trust that she wasn't going to leave during the night. Yes, she was a grown adult, fully capable of making her own decisions. But it didn't feel right for her to just turn on a dime like this. Was she really that against being with her family? And why was she acting so strange with him?

"Fine."

"Morning," Marina said pleasantly as Jade and Desirae made their way into the kitchen. "You sleep well?" She asked the guest, who helped herself to an apple from the fruit bowl.