~2~

Genevieve found it harder to take each step as she came nearer to the castle. Her stomach was twisted into knots and her heart beat at a rapid pace. As she climbed the steps that lay in front of the main door, she gave herself a pep talk.

"You're going to be fine Genevieve. Just don't screw up! If you embarrass yourself and Mother, I swear to God I'll-" a man's voice interrupted her.

"Excuse me miss."

"Huh?" Genevieve looked up at the door to still find it closed.

"Ahem." the voice said.

She turned to where the voice came from, which was her left, to find a middle-aged man dressed in a black suit with matching sunglasses shielding his eyes standing tall and firm with this hands clasped together in front of him. "Oh! I didn't see you there."

"I just wanted to let you know, you don't have to worry about anything. I'm sure you'll do a great job." a wide smile was pasted on his face.

"Oh thank you..."

"Julian."

"Thank you for your kind words Julian. I do hope it all goes well."

"Good luck Ms. Bell." he pushed open the door for her to walk in.

Genevieve took a step into the building and then shortly realized that Julian knew her last name. Before she could turn around to ask him how, she noticed the door was already closed behind her. Genevieve came to the conclusion that maybe everyone here knew about her and her arrival at the castle. Well they would obviously. After all it is the Genovian castle, where security would be really tight.

Genevieve was in awe as she looked around her. The interior of the castle was crème with delicate golden designing. Various shapes and sizes of frames consisting of paintings hung on the wall. On either side of the room stood pedestals either holding vases or small statues. The ceiling was quite high with the sun's rays shining down into the grand room from the small windows at the top. In the center was a wide staircase, with a dark red carpet running down it. As Genevieve walked around, the only audible sound in the room was of her heels clicking the ivory tile floor, which she noticed was polished clean as she could see her own reflection in it.

"Beautiful isn't it?" a feminine voice said.

Genevieve looked up to find a girl about her age with auburn hair tied into a bun dressed in a sleeveless knee length mint green chiffon dress. "It's magnificent."

"I'm Madeline." the girl introduced herself and put a hand forward. "The queen will be here shortly."

"Thank you." Genevieve shook her hand. "I'm Genevieve."

"Dinner will be at seven." a woman with dark hair wearing a long champagne coloured dress walked into the room informing a woman with blonde hair who followed behind her and hurriedly typed into the tablet she held in her hand.

"Yes my queen." she bowed her head and left the room.

Genevieve went a little weak in her knees. She was finally in front of the one and only Queen Trisha. As the queen walked closer to her, Genevieve could hear her heart beating rapidly in her ears. But nevertheless, a smile was displayed on her face.

"You must be Genevieve! It is so nice to finally meet you." the queen embraced her which caught Genevieve by surprise. "You look just like Matilda! The same eyes and nose."

Genevieve only smiled. She didn't know what to say or do.

"How's your mum?"

"She's well."