~4~

Once Zayn helped Genevieve off the horse, he put Felix back in his designated stall.

"I'll bring you a treat later, ok boy?" he said patting the horse's back.

Felix neighed in reply and stomped his legs.

Zayn turned away and walked out the stable to finally make his way to the castle.

Genevieve followed closely behind as she observed the scene around them. She just couldn't get enough of how great everything looked on this side of Genovia. As she looked on, she felt a presence beside her. She turned to her right to see Zayn walking right beside her smiling, due to her acknowledging him. She tried to slow down so she would be once again behind him. But it was no use. Zayn stayed right beside her.

"Um go ahead." Genevieve stopped and motioned with her hand to let him continue walking.

"Aren't you coming?" he asked.

"I am. I'll be right behind you."

"Why can't we walk together?" his eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

"We are. But I'll be right behind you."

Zayn softly chuckled.

"Did I say something funny?" Genevieve asked with concern.

"No. I just find it amusing how you want to walk behind me. What's wrong with me being beside you, as we walk?"

"It's just- I didn't mean- I- I'm sorry." she sighed and looked down to the ground embarrassed.

"Hey. There's no need to apologize. You didn't do anything wrong." Zayn came in front of her and tilted his head to see her face.

Genevieve looked up and tried to avoid meeting his gaze.

"You don't have to be so nervous. Especially around me. I told you we're friends now. So no need to walk behind me and all those things in an attempt to be respectful. In fact, it's quite odd for me." Genevieve looked straight at him. Zayn grinned and continued, "To be honest, for the past fifteen years, I didn't even feel like a prince. Let alone be treated like one. I was always surrounded by other princes from different territories and we were just treated like boys. We would do normal boy things such as fooling around and being rowdy. Most of the time we were all students learning things which were only to be learned by princes. That was the only time I would remember who I really was. So now coming here, I'll be called the prince of Genovia and I'm gonna have to start getting used to it. But I don't want you to be treating me like you're only a mere subject to me. Because you're a friend to me and a relationship like friendship, means a lot to me. No one is bigger or lesser than anyone else. Got it?"

Genevieve was left speechless. Her mouth went dry and wasn't able to form any words with her tongue. She quickly nodded and managed to give him a smile.

"Good. So shall we?" he moved out of her way and so she could begin walking first.

As much as Genevieve wanted to be the way Zayn wanted her to be, it was still difficult for her to be at ease around him. She had grown up respecting the royal family, so to treat the prince himself as if he was only a friend to her, was very unusual for Genevieve. But nevertheless, she began to walk and a smile crept up on her lips.

Zayn eventually caught up to her and grinned looking at Genevieve as only inches of space separated their shoulders. Genevieve turned her face away so he couldn't see her smile, which had now grown widely.

They both had reached the castle and looked out for anyone in sight.

"Ok this is it." Zayn grabbed the handle of the tall ivory door and took a deep breath in.