Chapter 7: Wedding Day

A/N: This is all Christopher's POV. Also, all italics, because I feel fancy for this.

Welcome to the Black Parade played as the most beautiful sight of my life entered the room. Ellicia, in her long and flowing black gown. Her hair was curled and pulled back from her beautiful face. My heart began to beat more than normal. As she got to me, I lifted that veil from her face and felt the urge to kiss her, but I had to wait. The music was quieted as the priest cleared his throat, speaking the second most beautiful thing I've ever heard:
"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of God - and in the face of this company - to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men; and therefore - is not by any - to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly - but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together - let them speak now or forever hold their peace."
There was silence, and I saw Ellicia's eyes fill with excitement. Though, Rhiannon did sneeze on that moment of silence, to which Ellicia shook her head and whispered, "Beautiful timing, Asshat", which Rhiannon returned with, "Yeah, Fuck you too, Mrs.Drake", which got the cutest blush out of Ellicia.
The minister continued on, "Marriage is the union of husband and wife in heart, body and mind. It is intended for their mutual joy - and for the help and comfort given on another in prosperity and adversity. But more importantly - it is a means through which a stable and loving environment may be attained. Through marriage, Christopher and Ellicia make a commitment together to face their disappointments - embrace their dreams - realize their hopes - and accept each other's failures. Christopher and Ellicia promise one another to aspire to these ideals throughout their lives together - through mutual understanding - openness - and sensitivity to each other. We are here today - before God - because marriage is one of His most sacred wishes - to witness the joining in marriage of Christopher and Ellicia. This occasion marks the celebration of love and commitment with which this man and this woman begin their life together. And now - through me - He joins you together in one of the holiest bonds.
"Do you , Christopher Drake, take Ellicia Martinez, As your lovely wedded wife?"
"I do," I whispered to her, smiling at her in excitement, to match the excitement in her beautiful eyes.
The minister kept a straight face, though wanting to smile, "And , do you , Ellicia Martinez, take Christopher as your lovely wedded husband?"
"I do," She said, and my heart jumped with glee.
The minister showed a smile now, speaking the first and foremost beautiful thing I had, and will ever hear, "Then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you, Husband and Wife. You may now kiss the bride."
And you bet your sweet ass I did, long and sweet, sweeping her up into my arms. I walked down that isle, carrying my wife, as Teenagers screamed from the speakers.
Rhiannon and Jacob cheered after us, clapping and being absolute idiots.
Off to the reception.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I loved walking into that reception hall, listening to all the slightly drunken speeches and slideshows, watching family and friends dance. Also, very thankful Rhiannon is our DJ, her liking the same music as us made it easier. Unlike traditional wedding receptions, we didn't have the Mother-Son or Father-Daughter, we just saw no need.
But we did dance together.
My arms around her waist, her arms around my neck, as we swayed in tune to I Write Sins Not Tragedies.
"Bit ironic, this as our dancing song after we've been married, no?" I smiled at her as I asked.
"Hey, Rhiannon's our DJ. Who's fault is that?" She rolled her eyes with a loving smile.
"Well, both of ours, actually."
She laughed the sweetest laugh, as our dance ended.
The night carried on, all the way home.
With the love of my life.