V

"Brain tumor? Amnesia?"

Bea looked at Jho, who is resting peacefully on her bed, as Deanna explains Jho's condition.

"It's a very rare disease and unfortunately, ate Jho has been fighting it since she was 12." Deanna sighed.

"Wala bang gamot? Or hindi ba siya pwede operahan? They should have tried to ask medical advices abroad, they are more advanced there." Bea pointed.

"Believe me, ate Jho's parents did everything that they can, consulted all the people they know that may help pero wala silang nahanap na treatment for her condition." Sagot ni Deanna.

"They've been praying since they knew that ate has a tumor na sana magkaroon ng Miracle." She added.

Bea paused. "So what? She's gonna live with it?"

Deanna looked at Jho. "Unfortunately, yes."

Bea stares at Jho. Hindi siya makapaniwala that Jhoana, who she sees as the most cheerful person she met has the one of the most brutal disease.

How can this genuine person live a life like that?

"Ibigsabihin pagkagising niya makakalimutan niya ako?" Bea asked.

Deanna wasn't sure. "We hope not. Malalaman nalang natin paggising niya."

She excused herself as she will be calling Jhoana's parents to inform them Jho's situation.

Bea walked towards Jho's bed and sat beside her.

She stared at Jho. She is actually scared to touch her and even just breathing beside her because well who knows it might worsen Jho's condition.

She looks at Jho as if the latter is so fragile.

"Hey, stranger. Wake up and don't you dare forget about me." She whispered.

Bea stayed and decided to spend the night at Jho's condo. She slept on the couch while Deanna can't leave her ate, so she watched her over.

Hindi nakatulog ng maayos si Bea, sa totoo lang. She's too tall for the couch and she's too worried for Jhoana.

At 5am, she woke up to visit the opening of her bakery. Hindi na siya nakapagpaalam kay Deanna dahil natutulog ito sa sofa sa loob ng kwarto ni Jho.

"Boss!" Jema greeted as Bea enters the bakery.

Bea was too sleepless to utter some words so she just waved.

She sat on the counter and asked for a coffee. "Musta prep jan sa loob?" She asks her bakers.

They answered that everything is going well.

Nilapitan siya ni Jema and handed her a cup of coffee. "How's Jho?"

Bea sipped on her coffee. "Still unconscious." She sighed.

"Worried yarn?" Jema teases.

Bea rolled her eyes. "Who wouldn't be?"

"May point. I just hope she recovers well." She sat beside Bea.

Malayo ang tingin nilang dalawa.

"Life's cruel. Kung sino pa ang mabait, ang genuine, siya pa yung may ganitong dinadanas." Jema said.

Bea sighed and turned to Jema. "Well, that is life."

"How was talking with Deanna last night?" She asked.

-flashback-

Jema and Deanna started eating but no one dared to talk. They are both overthinking on what to say.