VI

Everything Dough's number one customer, Jhoana, as usual is hanging out at the bakery slash café on her favorite spot - at the corner where there is a comfortable foamed seat.

She is peacefully reading her book while sipping a latte when a pouting and brows-meet Bea came and sat on the other seat.

Muntik mabuga ni Jho ang iniinom na kape nang makita si Bea.

"Problema mo?" She asks while laughing.

"Ayaw niya umattend ng highschool reunion." Jema answered who placed a plate of bread on the table and pulled a chair from the other table to join the two.

"I love reunions!" Sabi naman ni Jho.

Bea rolled her eyes. "It's stupid, weird and cringey."

"Grabe siya. Gusto ka nga nila irecognize kasi you are a young successful entrepreneur." Jema said as she eats.

Jhoana is amazed naman upon hearing the news.

But Bea is not that amused. "That's what it make it worse. I needed to deliver a speech." She laid back, seems to be helpless.

"Then I needed to find a dress pa." She continues to rant.

Nagtinginan naman sina Jho at Jema at natawa.

"Ang laki naman ng problema mo. Nahiya yung ekonomiya ng Pinas." Jho said.

"Bakit ba ayaw mong pumunta? Do you have a bad memory when you were in highschool?" Tanong niya.

Bea paused. "Wala naman. I just don't feel going to reunions and you fake laugh with everyone else."

"Tawa lang pala problema. Tulungan kita mamaya boss magpractice." Jema said, with a mouthful of pandesal.

Jhoana noticed that Bea is really pissed. "Or you may not go. You have a choice naman."

Bea looked at her. "I can't."

"My ninang owns the school. My mom will get mad at me if I won't attend."

"Wow. Ninang mo may ari ng school niyo? Mga ninang ko may ari lang ng sari sari store sa barangay namin eh." Sabat naman ni Jema.

Bea sighed. "See, that's the reason din talaga that I don't wanna attend. I don't want special treatment. Kaya lang naman ako bibigyan ng award because I am close with the owner."

Kumuha ng isang pandesal si Bea at sinubo ito ng buo. Jhoana finds her cute as the other keeps pouting.

"Eh di start preparing. I'll help you shop later." Sabi ni Jho na kumindat pa kay Bea.

"Wala ka bang klase?" Sabi naman ni Bea.

Jhoana already graduated Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and even passed the Licensure examination for Teachers but of course because of her condition she cannot actually teach kaya naman she's taking her masteral degree as she really loves studying.

She is also into painting and some people avail her services and asks her to paint for them.

"Done na kanina. Done na rin ako sa mga reports and deliverables ko for tomorrow. Lahat ng maiisip mong gagawin ko, nagawa ko na." Jhoana chuckles.

"Perks of having a brain tumor." Sabi pa niya.

Bea shook her head. "I guess I have no choice."