Chapter 5

"Dear Reba,

I know this isn't very manly of me to do or write, but I'm just writing to tell you how much I love you. Plus, I just know how much you love the small things in life. I know you're mad at me, but you're everything to me. I know lately we've been doing a lot more fightin' than lovin', but at the end of the day, I fall in love with you all over again. Is that even possible? To fall in love more and more with the woman you thought you COULDN'T love anymore? It's crazy. You're the strongest woman I have ever met, and I know that I don't say it often but I'm so proud of you. I'm proud to call you my wife, I'm proud to call you the mother of my child, hell, I'm even proud to know you. Remember when you went into labor with Shelby, and you were so scared to become a mama. You thought that little ole Shelby wasn't gonna love you, and you were gonna be a horrible mother. You kept talking to Shelby when he was in your tummy, and you asked him if he would stay in there a little while longer until you were ready. Oh man, you were a character, Reba. I remember tryingto hold back my laughter, while you were trying to hold back your tears. But the thingis, little did you know you were basically a mother already. You were a second mother to my children as soon as we got together. They love you, and so does little Shelby. Man as soon as he came out, he was wrapped around your finger, and vise versa. But hey, I think you get that a lot with men because look at me. Long story short, I love you more than words can even express Reba Nell."

He signed the letter with "Love Narvel" and put it in an envelope and stuck it with the rest of her fan mail.

"Hey baby, I gotta go to a meeting, I'll see you when I get back." he said kissing her forehead.

"Oh okay. I'm just gonna take it easy today and read some fan mail. I've been slacking." she said laughing.

"Oh alrighty." he said trying to hide his obnoxious smile, and beaming-red face.

"What are you smilin' so big for? You butt." she said poking at him.

"Reba, please! I gotta- uhm go, so I'm not late!" he siad scrambling and tripping as he ran out laughing.

"Did I marry an idiot? Or two idiots?" she teased herself.

She read just about all she could take. She read some letters that made her laugh, some that made her cry, and even a few that made her laugh. Reba was down to her last one, and it just so happened to be Narvel's....

"Huh, that's weird. It doesn't have a return address, or stamp." she said aloud.

She opened it anyways, and started reading. She was a little confused at first, but a couple sentences in knew who it was from. She felt her lip quiver and a tear fall down her cheek.

Right about then, little Shelby woke up from his nap and caught her attention.

"Hey there darlin'. Why are you up so early from your nap?" she asked scooping up Shelby onto her lap.

Without answering, he laid his head on his mama's shoulder and she began rocking him back to sleep. She walked upstairs still humming the lullaby she was singing to him downstairs, and placed him in his bed.

She hurried back downstairs to pick up where she left off. She felt her eyes fill with tears, and her heart pound. As she got up to call Narvel, she heard the door open. It was Narvel.

Without saying a word, she ran to him, throwing her arms around his neck.

"I'm guessing you got my letter?" he giggled.

Cutting him off, she kissed him.

".... I'm taking that as a yes?" he said laughing.

She smiled and gestured him to follow her. He dropped his bag,and kicked the door shut using the back of his heal.

Reba led him upstairs to the bedroom, and shut the door behind them.

"Hey wait a second here hon." Narvel said breaking away from her kiss.

"You never answered me if you got the letter or not."

"Oh shut up." she said pushing him onto the linen white sheets.