Chapter 1

"Can we please stop this arguin' for once!" Reba scremed as she threw herself onto the hotel bedroom.

"I'm doing the best I can for you, and it never seems to be good enough anymore" Narvel hesitantly says trying to hold back the sadness in his voice.

"I don't mean you ain't doin' enough for me, but this is all we've been doin' for the past two months and I'm just so sick and tired of it Narvel...This isn't how a couple in love should act.."

"Then maybe we aren't actually in love" he said slamming the door behind him.

XXX

Reba woke up the next morning in a lonely bed. She remembered another fight happening with Narvel, but doesn't exactly remember what was said.

"Damn it, where is he?" she mumbled putting on her robe and pink slippers a fan from last night's show gave her.

She poured herself a cup of hot tea with honey in it, just the way she likes it, and a  cup of strong black coffee the way Narvel liked it.

He came in the door with the most exhausted look on is face.

"Baby what happened to you?! You look like you slept on a bed of nails.."

"It sure as hell felt like I did Reba. I slept in the tour bus on pullout sofa."

"You know you could have stayed. You can't leave everytime we get into an argument. We need to work this out. This is not healthy for us, or little two year old Shelby-"

"Reba he doesn't know what's going on between us. He's two. And even if he did, he wouldn't be able to tell, that kids only concern is his little toy cars."

They both let a smile they hadn't seen in weeks. If anything could make them both light up, it was that little Shelbydoo.

"Oh Lord, I swear that kid's gonna grow up to be in Nascar or somethin'!" Reba said giggling.

Narvel let out a chuckle and reached for the black cup of coffee and put it to his lips, slowly taking a sip before spitting it all over the table.

"Narvel it's hot!" Reba said laughing

"I think I learned my lesson now." he said wiping the coffee he spit all over.

"This is the most decent we've been to each other in awhile. I miss this, I miss us."

Without losing her stare or answering him, she wrapped her arms around his neck slowly kissing his wet, coffee-tasting lips. He wrapped his arms around her waist pushing her onto the bed, and making her fall.

He gently took off his coat never once breaking the passion between the two. Narvel started kissing her neck. He knew how to make her melt.

"Narvel." she said breathing heavily, "I miss it too."