Chapter 2

"Shelbydoo!" Reba screamed while bending down to hug her world. "Mama missed you so much!"

"And daddy too.." Narvel chimed in.

Reba rolled her eyes smiling, "And daddy too.."

"Mama" Shelby squeaked as he pointed to what looked like a new toy he must have gotten.

"Shelby where'd ya get that?"

"Mama-w and Papa-w" he said trying to pronounce the words just right

Reba looked up at Jackie giving her a pleasing look, "Thank you."

XXXX

"Finally home, sweet home" Reba let out throwing all her bags on the beautiful tile floors of her Nashville home.

"Yeah, I feel ya. I'm glad the first leg of the tour is just finally over. It seems like it's been going on forever." Narvel complained.

"Good Lord I know. Man I love what I do, but do I miss just being normal sometimes." she let out a small laugh to make sure she didn't sound too serious.

"Ooh honey I got an email the other day from 'The Academy of Country Music' association. I knew I was forgettin' to tell you something."

"And what was that?"

"They want you to sing on this year's show... as always" Narvel winked and nudged his beautiful wife. There was something that he loved about seeing her doing normal things. Whether it's sitting at home, on the couch, in sweats, or on stage, she drove him nuts.

"They sure do love me" she said flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"They're not the only ones, I mean look at you."

Reba just smiled.

"Oh stop it, you. But anyways about the email, what did you say?"

"I said I would consult you about it first."

"Well go ahead and tell them I'm all for it and would love too."

"Yes boss. I'll be right on that." Narvel teased.

"Keep it up and I ain't makin' you supper tonight!"

"Honey, I think that's for the best anyway."

Reba smacked his shoulder and they both just laughed.

"Hey you know what we haven't done in awhile, that I've been wantin' to do?" Narvel asked.

"What is that?"

"I just wanna drop Shelby off at the sitters and have a night to ourselves."

"Narvel we just had a morning like that at the hotel" she grinned.

"No, no. Not like that." he said laughing. "I mean like a movie night, yah know without the fighting."

"I guess we haven't had one of those for awhile. But I have so much to do, and we were just on the road, and Shelby had Mama and the nanny lookin' after him... We'll schedule it another time."

Reassuring him, she kissed him before sitting up and walking upstairs with her luggage.

"Man do her kisses make me crazy" Narvel thought to himself.

Narvel walked up to his computer that's sitting on the office desk, after he heard it go off. Another email from "The Academy of Country Music". Narvel let out a small breath.

"Dear Mr.Narvel Blackstock,

If Mrs. McEntire - Blackstock is willing to sing on our show this year, she will not be alone."

"She will not be happy about that part" he mumbled, then continued to read on.

"Reba will have a duet partner, and they will be doing a tribute to Hank Williams Sr. The song that will be sung: Hey Good Lookin' with Ronnie Dunn, from Brooks & Dunn."

"Shit." Narvel thought.

"We need to hear back about Mrs. Reba's decision very soon, thank you for your patience."

Narvel turned off the monitor thinking about what he was gonna tell his little spitfire. She won't mind that she's going to have a duet partner, but she was just so excited to be singing alone. Last year she also had another perofmrance of "The Heart Won't Lie" and wanted a song of her own.

"Hey honey! Why do you look constipated?" Reba teased coming down the stairs.

"Oh hey nothin'. Just told 'em that you were willing to sing for them this year." he smiled.

"I'm so excited! What song do they want me to sing?" she said sounding like a little kid.

"Well, you won't be alone, and it's not your song that you're gonna be singing.." he bit his lip.

"Who am I singin' with?"

"Ronnie Dunn, from Brooks & Dunn."

Reba's heart sank.