Chapter 4

I wake up in a hospital bed with Tris crying in the chair next to me holding my hand.

"Hey Tris." I managed.

"Oh thank gods Uriah you're okay!" She exclaims throwing her arms around me. I wince slightly.

"Oh my god I hurt you! I'm so sorry!" A fresh wave of tears ran down her face.

"No it's okay it didn't hurt that bad." I try to comfort her.

"How do you feel?" She asks.

"Aside from the dull ache all over my body, fine. How long have I been out?" I wipe away her tears with my thumb.

"A week." she mumbles. My hand drops.

"Seriously?" A week? It only felt like a couple minutes.

"Yeah. I should probably go tell the nurse your up." She says before giving me a quick kiss and leaving to get the nurse.

She returns a few minutes later with a nurse who looks to be in her mid-thirties. She has brown hair pulled up in a loose ponytail and glasses that sit on the end of her nose. The nurse does all her check ups she's supposed to do.

"Well Uriah looks like you'll get to leave in the morning." She informs. I sigh in relief.

"Thanks." I say as she leaves.

"Just doin my job kid." She smiles before walking out of the room.

"I brought you back something." Tris says handing me a piece of dauntless cake and a cup of water.

"I love you so shucking much Tris!" I exclaim.

"Shucking?" She asks.

"Did you not read The Maze Runner in your English class?" I ask.

"No."

"Well we'll have to get a copy for you to read. It's aMAZEing!" That got her to laugh.

"Alright." she responds still lightly giggling.

"So what's our plan for tomorrow?" I ask.

"Well I figured we could just sit around the new apartment and just relax. Don't need you getting hurt again." I roll my eyes but agree.

I'd rather not have to come back her for a long time.

A/N sorry it's taken so long for me to update this. It's just I've kind of lost interest for this story.