Chapter 1

Well I guess you could say I've been doing pretty good in initiation so far. I've even became friends with on of the transfers, Tris.

"Today we are starting fear landscapes." Four announces. I wait till he calls my name then I head into the room that I will have to face on of my worst fears in.

I half listen to Four's speech. Then he injects the serum. I close my eyes and when I open them again I'm lying in a hole with all my friends, including Tris and even my brother Zeke, standing around the perimeter looking down on me.

"Who would love someone like you?" Tris asks.

"You're a disgrace to the family." Zeke says. I feel a tear roll down my face. The Tris starts throwing dirt into the hole. Everyone else follows suit. They are trying to burry me alive! I start panicking.

Then something in the back of my head says "It's not real." So I close my eyes and try to calm down. When I open my eyes again I'm back in the room with Four. He looks at me then asks, "How long do you think you where in there?"

"I don't know maybe like 15 minutes." I respond.

"More like 3." He says.

"Really? It felt like and eternity." I say.

"Uriah what were you're test results?" He asks.

"Inconclusive." I whisper. I know I'm not suppose to tell anyone but I know four and I know I can trust him.

"That's what I thought." He said. "You need to learn how to hide it."

"How?" I ask.

"I'll teach you. Meet me at the fear landscape room tomorrow night." He says.

"Alright." I say.

"Well you can go now and remember not to tell ANYONE about your divergence or that I'm gonna help you." He says.

"Okay." I say then leave. When I get out in the hall I see Tris sitting down. She smiles at me and I can't help but think about what she said in my fear.

"How was it?" She asks me.

"Awful." I respond trying not to look at her.

"What's wrong?" She asked noticing that I'm trying to ovoid looking at her.

"Nothing." I say then walk off.

I walk around for awhile trying to clear my head then I decide to head to the cafeteria and grab some dauntless cake. I get so caught up in the cake and my thoughts that I don't even notice someone sit down next to me till she clears her throat.

"Oh hey Tris. Did you already go through your fear?" I ask.

"Yeah. You must have really been enjoying your dauntless cake because it's been a couple hours since you came out of the room. And I figured I would find you here." She says.

"How was your fear?" I ask.

"Awful." She says.

"I told you so!" I say then stick my tongue out at her. She laughs.

"Yeah. Yeah." She says. "What happens in yours?" She asks.

"I was in a hole with all my friends standing around and the girl I have a crush on said 'who would love someone like you?' And my brother said I was a disgrace to the family. Then the girl I have a crush on started throwing dirt in the hole and everyone started helping. They were burying me alive Tris!" I said.

"Oh my god Uriah that's terrible!" She said then hugged me. I couldn't get over the fact that she was actually hugging me. When she let go I asked "What happened in yours?"

"I was attacked by crows." She said blushing.

I didn't really know what to say so I just kinda patted her on her head. She started laughing and I soon joined her.

"So who's the girl you have a crush on?" She asks me. Damn it!

"Uh... I can't tell you yet." I say.

"Please Uri." She begs with her cute puppy dog eyes.

"Sorry but no." I say.

"Fine." She says

Then our friends start showing up and our conversation is over.