chapter fourteen

Random but my heart literally does a lil jump every time I see y'all go back to the first story or earlier chapters and start commenting lol. your comments always make me laugh so much- shoutout to the person who keeps falling off their bed, you always make my day <3

_

The sun had already begun to rise by the time Derek, Theo and Max had come home. At this point, they were so exhausted that their initial plans were to sleep for the rest of the day.

Until of course, Max found a very unhappy looking Stiles waiting for her on the front steps.

"Oh shit..."

"You hit me with my own bat? Seriously?"

"I think this is our cue to leave." Theo mumbled towards Derek who shuffled past Stiles into the house, abandoning Max.

"Sorry?" Max shrugged.

"Sorry ? Sorry! You lied to me again and you left me again." He rambled with a firm look.

"Okay and?"

"And what if you died, huh?"

"Well, do I look dead to you?"

"Max, that's not- How many more times are you gonna keep doing this?"

"Until I'm dead." Max shrugged with tight smile as she walked into the house, finding herself caring less and less about Stiles' lectures.

"Hey. Wait." He called out as he grabbed her by the forearm, forcing her to face him.

"I didn't tell anyone where you went so that means you owe me a favour." he muttered in a low voice.

"Yeah well, I didn't ask you to do that so I don't owe you shit." Max muttered back, pulling herself away and heading into the living.

She walked into the living room to find the others waking up as Malia began unchaining a very exhausted looking Kira.

"It wasn't Kira. It was Kate." Derek sighed as Max slumped against the wall, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"What?" Scott asked with a shocked expression, very much oblivious to what had happened within the past few hours.

"Yeah, Max figured it out from the gun and she went to-" Derek had begun to explain before he was cut off by Theo.

"She went to go tell us so we headed over and dealt with it."

"Well, why didn't you wake any of us up if you knew?" Isaac pressed with an annoyed look.

"It was a one person job, I doubt we needed the whole pack to fight her off." Max added as she walked towards the group, her wounds not going unnoticed.

"What happened to your hand?" Kira asked with furrow brows.

"Your sword. Here." she joked as she tossed over the compressed form of it toward Kira who seemed relieved to have it back in her possession.

"But you still haven't answered why she wanted Max dead or why she hired the hit man."

"The kid didn't even know what he signed up for, so feel free to let him out of the closet. Secondly, Theo was right about the power part. She had this whole plan to take my power but obviously that wouldn't work."

"Why not?" Alyssa questioned as she sat up from her mattress, pulling her eye mask down and glancing over curiously.

"Because it's literally apart of-wait why are you even here?"