chapter twenty-one

the fandom: everyone would be dead without stiles and lydia.

Deaton: ...am i joke to you?

_

Max let out a shaky breath, pursing her lips as she sat on the edge of the chair, anxiously bobbing her leg up and down.

Truthfully, she had no idea where she was, seeing as she could never seem to remember how she got in or out but if she was here, she knew it meant she was needed.

She pulled at the black, baggy attire, uncomfortably and lifted her arms to find that it was actually quite heavy but regardless she wouldn't complain.

"You ready?"

Max turned around to glance at Void who had just walked into the room, holding a sword and a mask. She quietly turned back around, not replying to his question.

"When I ask you a question, you respond out of respect." he scolded as he slammed the items onto the table, glaring right at her, "Are you ready?"

"No."

"And why not?"

"I'm not doing this." Max spoke calmly, her eyes never leaving the floor, "I don't care about your stupid threats so feel free to do whatever the hell you please. I said, No."

Void clenched his jaw tightly, glaring right at her before his face softened and he began laughing, almost hysterically.

"That- whatever that was- was absolutely adorable. You really think you have a say in this? You're too much sometimes."

Max didn't change her expression but felt her cheeks flush in embarassment as she had hoped her words to have a bigger impact.

He moved towards her and crouched down in front of her, forcing her eyes to move to his as he suddenly grabbed on of her wrists, forcing her palm up and prying her fingers out of her fist.

"What did I tell you about hurting yourself like that?" he scolded as he ran his fingers along the crescent shaped cuts in Max's palm, "It's a bad habit."

"Didn't think you'd care." Max spat as she yanked her arm free. For a moment, her eyes had begun to glow before she quickly blinked it away.

"Hey- Hey, I saw that." Void chuckled in a mocking form, "Do it again."

"No."

"Do it again." he further teased as he grabbed the sides of her cheeks, pinching them inwards and she pushed his hand away.

"Stop." Max protested, panting as she grew more and more irritated but however, he was enjoying this far too much.

Eventually, she lost her temper as the old lights blew out and Void was thrown back into the vertical mirror that was set against the wall.

Max's eyes widened at the sight as her breaths fastened just at the thought of the consequences she'd face for this.

Void groaned as he began slowly sitting up, placing his bare hand against the broken glass as if it was nothing, signifying Max that she had to do something fast.