FOUR.

the next day, you chose from one of the beautiful dresses that glowed a shade of dusty pink. your bath made you smell of rosemary, and your elven handmaiden dressed the top of your hair in braids, making it into a braid and sticking flowers into your new hair crown, letting the rest flow freely.

you wandered your way to walk in the direction of the river outside of your room. the wild flowers matching those in your hair, the deep smell of wood filling your nostrils.

you heard a rustling behind you and turned, being met with lady arwen again. "arwen, pleasant morning is it not?" you smiled at her, seeing her smile back. "yes princess, i must agree with you." you both fall into step with each other and talk about everything needed to be said. thanks to aragorn and all the books you read, you can converse to arwen in her home tongue. you talk about your family and she does the same. both of you becoming fast friends, finding much in common. both of you enjoy music, dancing, nature and books. you assume those are regular things to agree with, but they make you a friend all the same.

after hours of talking, she leads you to a long dining table, where only elves sit. "none of the others have arrived yet, so please, sit and eat." lord Elrond welcomes you.

you start conversations with them, finding how quick you can get along with elves is impressive. considering you're with beautiful people who have walked this earth for thousands on years. you finish eating some of the best food you've ever had, which isn't saying a lot after eating wild food and fish for four days, and start to walk around the town once more. you see arwen galloping away soon after and run of to follow her. you see you vanish past the gates of rivendell and settle to wait.

finally you see her arrive with a small being, a hobbit from the looks of its feet. she runs to take him into the castle, no doubt for healing. you follow her and help her bring the hobbit up a flight of stairs. one of the elven healers then takes him and lays him in a bed, shoving you both out of the door so he and his apprentice may concentrate.

"what happened?" you asked arwen after both of you waited out side of the door. "aragorn," she began half way down the stairs as you followed her. "he brought him and three other hobbits to rivendell." she said mounting her horse again, "are you coming?" she asks, you nod and find that Lina is beside you again. she rides off after you mount, you following close behind.

eventually you both find aragorn and the hobbits, all of them worried for frodo. aragorn mounts his horse and takes a hobbit named sam to ride with him. arwen has pippin and merry jumps up with your helpful hand to sit behind you. "hello merry, my name is y/n" you greet and ride off, following arwen and aragorn.

the ride back to rivendell was short, you dropping the hobbits off to get some sleep. some elves who work in the stables came to get your horses and then it was just you, aragorn and arwen. you could tell they wanted to be alone, so you said your good nights and walked of, earning a grateful nod from your brother.

on the way back to your room you walked by the healers, noticing the door was ajar and gandalf the grey was in there. gandalf was a dear friend of your father and your kingdom. he made it a habit to visit as often as he could, ever since you were young. "how is he?" you asked him, sitting on the bench next to him. "princess, how good to see you again," he smiles and you and gives you a hug, to which you happily return. "frodo is going to be fine, just needs some rest is all. now... it seems your father took my advice." he says approvingly, taking in the sight of you. "what do you mean gandalf?" you ask, he waves you off, "oh don't mind me and my elderly brain, you must be tired, go rest." he practically pushes you out of the room. with a sigh to do as he says, walking to your room you find a magically warm bath and your night gown waiting for you.

after properly cleansing yourself you get dress and get in bed, your white nightgown fitting perfectly in between your sheets. letting the nervous feeling for tomorrow wash away with your dreams of the night.