"flying fish sticks on a pole" ~4

I'm currently driving home with Nathan in the passenger seat clinging on for dear life. I'm laughing to myself at how terrified he looks right now. It's ironic because I know he likes to do a bit of street racing too, he just doesn't like when he rides with me while I speed because he's not in control. I slowed down once we were within 2 minutes of home, not wanting to get a lecture from my parents about my driving. Once I pulled into our driveway, Nathan jumped out of the car and started kissing the ground, mumbling "Oh finally the sweet safety of sturdy, non moving ground!" I simply rolled my eyes and unlocked the front door.

"Hello parents of the amazing Rosalyn and the idgit Nathan!" I sang.

"Rosalyn don't call your brother an idgit, he just has a slow growing mind and is stuck in his toddler years!" I heard my mom jokingly yell from upstairs in her bedroom.

"YOU SEE I TOLD YOU THAT YOU WERE STUCK IN YOUR TODDLER MINDSET HAH!" I yelled at my brother in pure victory, doing a little fist bump in the air and jumping around victoriously.

"Yep totally feeling the love guys." He said. Mom came down the stairs laughing at us, "Oh honey you know we love you." She said to the pouting Nathan that was sitting in the corner, like a toddler might I add. We both hugged her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Before you ask, yes school was great! Guess what, my photography teacher said that he thinks I should do the advanced class!!" I said excitedly. I rushed upstairs not giving her or my brother time to answer back, and ran up to my room. I quickly got dressed into jeans, outside boots, and a long sleeve, dry fit t-shirt from my club volleyball team. I shoved my phone in my back pocket with earbuds in my ears and grabbed my camera that was sitting on my desk. My desk is on the wall perpendicular to my bed wall, it's in-between my dresser and bed. I still have a lot of room in my room even with all the bulky furniture I have, which is really cool. I rushed downstairs and out the back door, yelling out to my mom that I was going into the woods to take pictures. She yelled back saying to be careful and not get lost. I got pretty far into the woods and started playing my music, blasting it pretty loudly, I was softly singing to the song that was playing as I investigated the woods and took some neat pictures.

~~~~Grayson's POV (after Rosalyn and Nate left to go home)~~~~

"Gray!"

I looked towards the sound, already aware that my dad was calling me over to him, I quickly jogged over to see what was up.

"Hey dad what's up?"

"Nothing much, just wanted to see if you told everyone to be at the pack meeting in a few minutes?" Without realizing it, a big goofy grin appeared on my face when I remembered the events that took place not too long ago.

"Son? Earth to Grayson!" My dad said waving his hand frantically in front of my face.

"Huh? Oh sorry." I said sheepishly.

"What are you smiling about?" He asked.

"Ifoundmymatesheissobeautifulandfunnyandtalentedandkind."

"Slower Grayson, talk slower." He said as if he were talking to a second grader, I rolled my eyes and repeated what I said.

"I found my mate she is so beautiful and funny and talented and kind."

"Really?! Oh that's great! I bet she will make a great Luna."

"Er- um she's human." I mumbled.

"Oh, well good luck telling her about werewolves." My dad said. I rolled my eyes knowing just how hard it will be, opening her up to this new world. I thought back to her smile and laugh, her beautiful blue eyes with white specks in them. She smelled like coconut and the woods, telling me she's the outdoorsy type. She's perfect, with big kind eyes, and a very friendly personality. I could sense the subtle nervousness she was feeling when talking to me. I don't know if it was a personal thing or she just didn't like talking to new people.