Chapter 4 - I can't get you off my mind

It had been three weeks since I discovered who my mystery man was, and to be completely honest I hadn't done anything but stalk them on youtube and twitter. Elena thought I was insane and I agreed with her, but now that I knew who he was I couldn't get him off my mind. How could I not look him up when he was right there on my computer?

I had been so curious about who he was the past year, but because I was afraid I never really wanted to know. A part of me wished I hadn't seen that episode of Alan Carr,  but maybe it was better this way. Now that I knew, I could let go.

Elena was trying to cheer me up all week and to make her happy I tried to put my feelings aside, but being my best friend and all, she knew I was faking. One night she really confronted me. She was upset, telling me I had to pull myself together, that I couldn't continue like this. I didn't blame her in any way as I knew she was right, but I'm guessing she was feeling bad for screaming at me because the next day she said she had a surprise for me. I was waiting impatiently the entire day for her to come over and it turned out it was two tickets to a private show at a club just outside of London. Her boss was the owner of one of England's biggest clothing brands and they were pretty close, so it happened that we were invited to parties with celebrities and other stuff like that.

Saturday came and we met up at my place to get ready. I was actually excited, I hadn't been out in a while. We didn't know who were performing yet, but that didn't really matter. We took a taxi and Elena's boss - Chloe - greeted us when we arrived. It wasn't her party in any way, but she liked to be the hostess and everyone usually let her.

"Who's playing tonight?" Elena asked.

Chloe shrugged. "Olly Murs is all I know" she answered. "Apparently there is some surprise act at the end, but I have no idea who it is"

Elena and I went to the bar to get ourselves something to drink. We mingled and the night flew by pretty fast, though there wasn't one single boring minute. We were talking to a bunch of people and enjoying Olly Murs' performance. He was absolutely fantastic and apparently he was the only performer tonight apart from this surprise act. Elena and I found a free table pretty close to the stage while we were waiting. I looked up towards it and thought I caught a glimpse of someone with very curly hair behind the curtains. I got a very strange feeling in my stomach but I couldn't really place it.

"How is everyone enjoying their night?" Olly shouted into the microphone and watched how the entire room cheered. "Now, as some of you might know, I brought in a few friends who's going to sing a couple of tunes for you in a bit. Please welcome The Wanted!"

I choked on my own drink and had to gasp for air. My eyes grew to the size of tennis balls and I stared at Elena. She was just as shocked as me.

"I swear to god, I didn't know" she said.

I didn't bother to listen to her. The curly haired-boy I now knew to be Jay jumped out on stage and before I could get a look at Tom I stood up and hurried out of the room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to give me some feedback since this is the first fanfic I actually publish. Comment below or tweet me at @PerfectParker :D