Chapter VIII

———————
———————
———————-

---Jennie bit her lip as she stood next to Irene at her locker

-
-
-
Jennie bit her lip as she stood next to Irene at her locker. She was telling her a story about something Chaeyoung had done the night before but Jennie wasn't listening. She couldn't. Lisa was standing down the hall at her own locker alone with a deep frown on her face. Jennie hadn't talked to her all weekend or all morning though they had a few classes together already. 

Jennie couldn't help but to notice that Jungkook and Lisa had been apart all day. He never stopped at her locker with her and he never walked her to class. They didn't even walk into the building together like they usually did. Jennie didn't want to jump to any conclusions but she was almost positive they had broken up. But maybe they were just fighting. She knew she shouldn't care but she had the real urge to find out and she wouldn't be able to focus on anything else until she did. 

"Unnie." She cut Irene off abruptly while keeping her eyes on Lisa. Irene stopped talking and looked to Jennie before she followed her eyes to Lisa and immediately frowned. "Jungkook and Lisa haven't been together all morning. Do you think they broke up?" she asked as she began to bite her nail nervously. Irene sighed as she looked back to Jennie with a look of disappointment. 

"I don't know Jen but I don't care and you shouldn't either remember?" She asked with a raised eyebrow and Jennie sighed as she nodded her head. She had spent most of her time over the weekend with Irene who was trying to help her get over Lisa but it really wasn't working. It actually made her think of her more. She didn't see Kai because he had to spend time with his family but she did text him and talk on the phone with him a lot. She liked him. He did a good job of making her feel happy but it was nothing to how Lisa made her feel. 

"I know unnie but...can you please find out?" She asked as she shifted on her feet slightly. She put on the pout and Irene sighed as her shoulders slumped, moments away from giving in before Kai bounced up to stand next to Jennie . He wrapped his arm around her waist and placed a kiss on her cheek. "I missed you all weekend." He said as he ran a hand through Jennie's hair. She smiled up at him as Irene looked over the two of them. "I missed you too." She forced out a small laugh as she rested her head on his shoulder.

She did miss him but she missed Lisa more. She wasn't sure if she'd ever get over the younger girl. It was just too hard. She was too deep in. She allowed her eyes to travel back down the other end of the hall only to watch Lisa's dark hair sway behind her as she made her way down the hall and through the growing crowd of kids. Jennie bit her lip as she turned her attention back to Kai. 

———————————————————

The rest of the day continued on with Kai walking her to her classes and sharing kisses with her in the halls. She tried to allow herself to enjoy it but it was hard. She only had a one track mind and that one track was Lisa. It wasn't long before lunch rolled around. Jennie like usual was one of the first to the table. She sat and began to eat her banana PB&J sandwich.