Imagine ; Niall

Eh, not one of my best but, oh well.

***

It's 11:55 PM on New Years eve. Five minutes before the first of January. The first day of the new year. You're at home spending it with your family, but the night just doesn't feel complete without your boyfriend Niall by your side. You wish he was there. It would be your first New Year's kiss together. But he had already texted you saying that he wouldn't be able to make it.

You lay on your couch, leaning your left cheek on your left fist. You try to appear happy, but you just can't get Niall off your mind.

You jump when the doorbell rings at fifteen seconds before 12:00. Your mom begins to get up to answer the door, but you get up first, needing to get away from all the happy couples that will soon be kissing on the TV, only making you miss Niall even more. You open the door and your jaw drops. It's Niall, standing right there in front of you, in the flesh.

"Niall...you-you came?" You say, though it sounds more like a question.

"I did, babe." A huge grin flashes across his face. You smile too.

"But-" You hear both the crowd on TV and your family counting down. "5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" You never get to finish what you were going to say. Niall smashes his lips against yours, fitting perfectly together like a jigsaw puzzle. Your lips move in sync with each others for five seconds before he pulls away. You both smile at each other.

"y/n, who's there?" Your mom walks out of the living room as you turn around to face her. "Oh. I'll leave you two love birds alone." She smiles as she walks off. You turn back to Niall and you both smile at each other once more before you wrap your arms around his neck and crush your lips against his.